300 RUM recoil?

I sold a semi custom 300 rum, at least half of the reason was the recoil. It's was 8.5lbs scoped and loaded with no brake,but did have a decent hs precision stock on it and a good limbsaver pad. The recoil was more violent than any of my other rifles. It's very fast. More like getting kicked in the shoulder than anything. I much preferred shooting top end loads in my 7lb 375h&h since it's a loot more of a shove instead of the fast/sharp recoil. With a brake on it, it wasnt bad, just extremely loud (yes, that's with ear pro on)

Just thought I would pass this along to all.

While testing muzzle brakes, we tested with and without a brake. We also tested for DBs of sound.
We tested everything from .223 to 50 cal and the DB levels never dropped below 104 DB on any thing.

Hearing damage can occur at anything over 85 DB, So "one" shot at 104 to 108 DB can cause permanent hearing protection.

The bad thing about hearing loss is once you loose it you cant get it back.

So please wear hearing protection when shooting/hunting anything bigger than a 22 RF and save your hearing.

J E CUSTOM
All supersonic rounds damage your hearing. Doesn't matter if it's a 22 or a suppressed 308. All cause damage.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts