300 RUM recoil, Sendero SF2 vs XCR

Mush

I am pretty much decided on that caliber. But I would like your opinion on the recoil felt by those 2 guns. The Sendero weight a little more than the XCR but the XCR as the R3 Recoil pad from limbsaver.

Wich one is ther most comfortable.

Thanks

Mush

i have a 700p 300 rum with the scope bipod and sling it weights around 12-13 lb recoil is not that bad unless you shoot 55 rounds though it off the bench at one sitting which i did sun. my shoulder was soar for a couple of days.I believe it wieghts about the same as the sendero maybe a little more i only wieght 180lb my 300wm kicks worse but only weights about 8lb

I have the 700 SPS .300 RUM and it has the R3 pad on it. It shoots really well. I honestly think it kicks less than my Browning BAR in .270 with just the wood stock(no recoil pad at all). I can't tell you the difference between the two guns, but I think I would get the one with the pad on it or at least buy for the one without it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I have the sendero II in 300 rum. I weigh 175 lbs and have no problem with this gun. I have made no alterations to it and enjoy this rifle. You buy the gun YOU want, hold it firmly on your shoulder, and you will not be let down. Both are great firearms.

I have the XCR in 300UM. Shoot one before you buy one if you get the chance. If you are at all concerned about recoil, or don't shoot a thumper now, try one first. If not, you'll have it in your head that it is gonna hurt you, and the first time you shoot it will probably imprint in your memory....I was somewhat thrown off the second time I shot mine, as the first time I shot it we had been bench shooting some heavy guns first (416 Rigby, and 458 Win Mag). So in my mind it was a kitten, on par with my 264 mag....Surprise surprise, it has some recoil to it. Manageable recoil mind you, but it is there. For an idea, I'm not a small man - 200ish - and when I was shooting off the bench the other night I was crawled up on the stock. I normally shoot smaller guns with my left hand back on the stock underneath just in front of the sling swivel. When I touched 'er off, the back side of the pistol grip hit my still stationary left hand hard enough to bruise me....Being a slow learner, and not thinking that my form was off, and I did it again. Green web of thumb anyone?

But don't let this scare you off, these things are great! They speak with authority.

What was mentioned earlier in the one that fits and feels the best. You can change pad on the Sendero or with either
you can add a muzzle brake. I shot my LSS with just a Pachmyr(sp)pad for several years and then a couple years ago I added a Vais brake. Nice.
Good luck.
1kstr

I plan to shoot a friend 338 Winmag next week. That should give me an idea of the recoil of an UM shell. I shoot 300 Winmag once and was OK . Thanks you all for yours anwers.
<
Mush

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.