300 RUM Long Range Scope Recommendations

TORCHRIDER

I am putting together an economical Long Range (to me) rig and need a scope recommendation.

I picked up a nice Remington Sendero in .300RUM with EGW 20 degree rail and Harris bipod for under $500. I am looking for a scope in the $500 or under range to keep me under my target build cost of $1k. I will be hunting/shooting steel from about 100 yards out to 1000 yards max. Most shots on game will likely be between 100-500. Shots on steel will be out to 1k. I will be handloading bullets in the 178, 208, 220 range.

Is there a decent scope in this price range that provides good eye relief for this caliber, enough adjustment to shoot from 100-1k and provide decently bright, clear optics?

Thanks again for your expertise and guidance.

Yes you'll have enough adjustment for 1000 yards with it.With a 20moa base you'll have 45 moa before sight in.

when I had mine it had a vx2 4x12 on it and I never got into a predicament that I felt I needed more. got rid of the gun but liked the scope enough that its now on my 264 mag

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.