Long Range Scope Recommendations

I got the G3 "small Xmas tree" illuminated reticle. It is great for holding windage so you are not guessing and "holding out in space" with no reference point. Once you use it you will find that, when zeroed at 100 or 200 yards, there is no need for dialing the turrets. That is good news in a hunting situation where your time to shoot is limited.

Probably would be best to give some idea of how you'll be using it, what environment, dial vs hold practices, type of game, weight requirements, etc... as much detail as you can do will help people make good recommendations. A generally great scope would be something a Steiner T5Xi. They are a sterling bargain and they're fairly light and compact with not too tall turrets, fantastic glass and nice reticle options.

The Steiner T5Xi is actually a pretty poor choice. For what they cost, there are much better choices.
While I love the turret's and some other features on the T5Xi, they have parallax problems and some of the worst chromatic aberration of any scope that I've ever owned.
I had to send mine back for parallax issues before I even mounted it. The glass is nice as long as you like seeing blue and purple hues around everything that you're looking at.

I paid $1400 for mine thinking I was getting a great deal. My Athlon Cronus and Delta Stryker HD cost around the same, and both scopes blow the Steiner out of the water. For just a couple hundred more you can get a Leupold Mark 5 HD, and it will run circles around the Steiner also.

Thanks for everybody's suggestions! Sounds like lots of y'all have had good luck with the zeiss. I wonder if I should try another zeiss or go for the night force? I think thats what I've narrowed it down to.
I wouldn't go back to Zeiss for a dialing scope.
I'm 0 for 2 in the tracking department with a v4 then v6, durability is the issue with all of their optics.
As mentioned before the LRHS2 is legendary for tracking and RTZ, also give the Trijicon Tenmile/Credo a look.
I've put my 4-16 through the paces out to 1300 yards, after a few hundred rounds I did another tall target tracking test.
I dialed up 30 moa then back to zero between shots and every bullet impacted on the mark.

Scopes I've used that I'd recommend are Nightforce NX8, & ATACR
As well as Leupold's Mark5's & March Optics.
All have Good glass & Reticle options.

As stated earlier, search for models that
Track reliably, Return to zero, hold zero.

Turrets with solid positive adjustments,
Comfortable Large Easy to read controls.
Elevation turret With zero stop.
Capped or locking windage.