300 RUM and 176gr A-Tips?

Well I figured out 90% of the problem just now. Scope has slid over 1/4 inch. Thanks to vortex low tourq spec. That's my fault for not catching it sooner though
Yea - 18 inch/ pounds ??? I wouldn't think the scope tube would be that thin. I have a hand full of Vortex scopes myself, my latest one is the Venom, for the money I can't complain- yet. Do you have a stock action or box or a extended one. With a stock box you may be limited for O.A.L. what other slow powders do you have.

Yea - 18 inch/ pounds ??? I wouldn't think the scope tube would be that thin. I have a hand full of Vortex scopes myself, my latest one is the Venom, for the money I can't complain- yet. Do you have a stock action or box or a extended one. With a stock box you may be limited for O.A.L. what other slow powders do you have.
Well im going to take one for the team, it is now 30 inch pounds. If it messes it up I'll just go leupold or nightforce. I'm just using this scope because i got it on a trade and don't have any money in it. And yes I'm just running stock mag box till I pick up a wyatts mbe-3. If it won't group with retumbo I'll just go heavier in the bullet department. I just invested my life savings it seems like in retumbo because I've been reading it is the do all for this cartridge.

Well im going to take one for the team, it is now 30 inch pounds. If it messes it up I'll just go leupold or nightforce. I'm just using this scope because i got it on a trade and don't have any money in it. And yes I'm just running stock mag box till I pick up a wyatts mbe-3. If it won't group with retumbo I'll just go heavier in the bullet department. I just invested my life savings it seems like in retumbo because I've been reading it is the do all for this cartridge.
Don't give up yet, you will get it. Play with oal and see what happens. But if you're scope moved on you. You might already have something to work with. I've never shot A-tips. Maybe start another thread asking if someone is familiar with that bullet. Just a thought.

Don't give up yet, you will get it. Play with oal and see what happens. But if you're scope moved on you. You might already have something to work with. I've never shot A-tips. Maybe start another thread asking if someone is familiar with that bullet. Just a thought.
The load today with 97gr put 2 right off in the same hole, then the other 2 were significantly off from that. Have a box of barnes lr factory ammo and it shot the same way, so it's making me believe the load may be good just that the scope was moving. I'm going to load more at the same charge now that the scope is tightened down and try it again my next day off. If that doesn't work, I'll start playing with the OAL. I'll have a chronograph on hand next week also.

The load today with 97gr put 2 right off in the same hole, then the other 2 were significantly off from that. Have a box of barnes lr factory ammo and it shot the same way, so it's making me believe the load may be good just that the scope was moving. I'm going to load more at the same charge now that the scope is tightened down and try it again my next day off. If that doesn't work, I'll start playing with the OAL. I'll have a chronograph on hand next week also.
There you go, you got. 👍👌

There you go, you got. 👍👌
Scope seems to be holding up, and 98 grains of retumbo is what it seems to like. Shooting .45 which is plenty good for me. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot them through a chronograph yet, but im guessing they are moving on pretty darn quick.

Scope seems to be holding up, and 98 grains of retumbo is what it seems to like. Shooting .45 which is plenty good for me. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot them through a chronograph yet, but im guessing they are moving on pretty darn quick.
Great, probably running around 31 to 3200 fps. What was your oal? If you use them for hunting, let me know what you think of the performance. I'm thinking they should work fine. Glad you got it worked out. 👍

Great, probably running around 31 to 3200 fps. What was your oal? If you use them for hunting, let me know what you think of the performance. I'm thinking they should work fine. Glad you got it worked out. 👍
Oal is 3.67 and they will be getting used for hunting. Have a friend of mine that I grew up with out in oregon coming to hunt this weekend, he hasn't drawn a tag out there in 3 years. You get 2 bucks and 4 does here and I told him to fill his tags. I will have plenty of feedback on the A tips come the end of next week.

Oal is 3.67 and they will be getting used for hunting. Have a friend of mine that I grew up with out in oregon coming to hunt this weekend, he hasn't drawn a tag out there in 3 years. You get 2 bucks and 4 does here and I told him to fill his tags. I will have plenty of feedback on the A tips come the end of next week.
That's great, I hope you all have a great time and fill all your tags. And Happy Thanksgiving. 😎

Have taken a few deer with the 176 A tips so far, the performance is devastating to say the least. All complete pass through shots and nothing moved from where it was standing. Shots were all 200+ yds . Hope this helps in deciding if you want to use them.