300 RUM-212 ELD-X pet loads?

knc1105

Anybody worked up any yet? I got my one hole Honey loads here for my 300 and 338 RUM from JD338 with Accubonds. Just wanted to try a few because of the B.C. But did not want to wear out 1/4 of the barrel life with extensive ladder tests. Any help would be appreciated. I am shooting a Rem 700 Police with a Nightforce 12-42x Benchrest scope.

My load is 88.5 grains of retumbo in a Norma case and a F215M with a 212 loaded seated at .095" of the lands. It's good for 3100 fps and .3 MOA at 330 yards in my 28" Krieger.

Brentc, Thanks will load that first and then a few of any other suggestions we get. I dont want to reinvent the wheel and really appreciate your reply. I love Retumbo and I have some 215M. Pretty awesome looking bullet.

Last edited:
I will be starting my load workup with the 212's today. I will be using Retumbo and H1000 with Nosler brass and 215's. I have a stock Sendero with an NSX. I typically use the OCW method. I am very curious to see how the perform. It may be a while before i get to shoot them as the temp at my house is -18 and it is supposed to get into the -35 to -45 range for the next couple weeks. As soon as it gets up around zero so i can use the Labradar I will do the test. I'll post back here with my findings and the results.

D

Wow, dont get sick. Let us know what you find. My nephew and his family live outside Anchorage, yall are just tougher. Here in Central Texad its 75 degrees and we're in short sleeve shirts.

I was shooting 94 grains Retumbo thru my 26" Brux. Comparator length 3.108. It was running 3185 fps but was on the hot side. 93 grains shot well also and didnt show psi.

Ok I'll try that too. I was shooting 94 grs behind a 200 Accubond and that was 3,160 and that shot very well.

I was shooting 94 grains Retumbo thru my 26" Brux. Comparator length 3.108. It was running 3185 fps but was on the hot side. 93 grains shot well also and didnt show psi.

This was with Remington brass and Federal 215m primers.

This was with Remington brass and Federal 215m primers.

That's what I would have guessed. That stout of a load in Norma would lock up an action. I was able to push up to 3180 fps in my Norma cases with 91.5 grains of Retumbo, but like you, I found that pushing them that hard is definitely on the hot side.

Brass make is important here. RP brass loads and Norma/Nosler loads will not be the same.

I am shooting Nosler Custom brass and behind a 200 gr Accubond was shooting 94.0 grs of Retumbo at 3,160 but that was a 200 gr not the 212 gr.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts