300 PRC Load Data - Assistance

I'm looking for any published reloading data for the 300 PRC I talked with Hornady and they are approximately three months out from posting and data.

Thanks in Advance

Jon

Yes, I would expect it to be very safe because the 30 Nosler load data is for 3.4" which is very weak.

I haven't seen any published, but playing with it on Quickload I came up with 82.4-86.3gr. of H1000 as max using a 212 ELDX @3.700 oal. 82.4 showed to be relatively safe pressure, and 86.3 was probably as high as I would take it. That's a big swing for max, but I don't have my reamer yet so I can't test anything. I do feel like 82.4 would be safe, from the numbers I'm getting. Testing will be the only way to know, and I'm ready to find out for myself!

Folks over at Sniper Hide pulled down a few 225 factory's and come up with 75.2 of H1000
I have loaded 208's and 225 with Retumbo with good results but my scope crapped out so load development has come to halt until new one arrives.
Also loaded a few with IMR8133 but load was pretty mild.

N565 and 570 are going to make it run pretty hard. Rl33 would be another powder that should produce well.
+1 on using the 30 nosler start data.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts