300 PRC action choice Defiance anTi-X vs Lone peak Fuzion Ti

Lone Peak Fuzion Ti vs Defiance anTi-X

• Total voters
May want to check out the Terminus Kratos Lite. A true 416 SS receiver without the issues of titanium, and only a few ounces more.
With the 60* bolt lift, there are no issues with pinching your fingers on the scope ocular while cycling the bolt.

Does a 300 prc recoil that much more than a 300wm of similar bullet weights?
A little, but probably not noticeably. It would be a handful but it would be really cool if you want to push the limits of weight. But it will be a handful.
Manners UC long action stock (when its out)
Pierce full ti action
#2 24" barrel
All your standard bottom metal parts ext,
Should be right at 5lb.
I think 5lb ready to hunt would be really hard. Theres a couple scopes out there under a pound. You could probably get to 5.5 scoped if you went smaller on the barrel.
The Bat Vampire or Anti-x would ad roughly 8oz to the rifle. Still, very light.
To answer the original question directly, the Defiance is a very well made/designed action. I like them.

Last edited:
I'm at 6.5 lbs ready to hunt with a proof sendero not the light and a eh5 thumbhole. Those tougher can ahead a pound. I in fact went with both to bring the weight up slightly on my creed to make it easier to shoot.
Might have to do a short action Sherman with this setup. Keep in mind it was pricey as I have everything light. Liter recoil pad, ti action bolts. And the magpull bottom metal which is plastic. Pierce did some other fancy ti parts to cut weight.
So if I did a Sherman with say 22" thin profile flutes barrel and swafa scope it would be incredibly hard to shoot past a few hundred yards but boy would it be light.

I am loving my LP Ti. Literally the smoothest action I have owned. I have had Stiller, Surgeon, DT, Defiance(Rebel) and got a good bit if time behind an AI. No galling or wear issues just butter smooth. Never had an anTI so can't compare. Integral Pic rail on the LP was a big plus for me.
Probably the main reason I went with the LP is my Smith had them in stock. View attachment 248655View attachment 248656View attachment 248657
Beautiful rifle and accessories. Looking at your field photo makes me wonder what your long range rifle looks like. 😀

Has anyone had problems with the anti action and the bolt handle clearing the scope ?the last one I did only had about a 1/16" of room between bolt handle and scope

Yes its a common issue, when I ordered my action I called Defiance and asked about what Talley rings to use and the Tech said medium height as with the lows bolt handle would not clear the ocular bell, also the action is to long for the shorter tube scopes and the Ocular bell would hit the door of the rear mount....again the extended front foot solved that issue as well.

Ive built three rifles on the AnTi action and depends on which scope you use, even with med height rings on a LA I couldn't mount a VX5 3-15x44 , VX6 3-16x44 or a Zeiss 4-16x44, in order to use the medium mounts you need the extended front foot mount with Talleys, (available directly from Talley)

I did not need the extended front mount with a Leupold 4.5-14x40 30mm scope, but in all cases the bolt Handle is still close to the scope.

Leupold SCREWED the pooch so too speak when they designed the VX line of scopes what a joke that front mounting surface is so short!!

another problem optics companies are going too is the over gigantic eye piece's and power selectors that are double the size ridiculous !!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.