300 PRC (215, 230, 245 Berger’s)

shooters

Does anyone have any load data/info using all 3 of these bullets with N570.... just mainly concerned about velocities?
Now I KNOW there's info out there for basically all of them and what or how they perform against each other velocity/drop. My reason for asking is because my 300 PRC is done and I can go pick it up.
Defiance Action
Bartlein Carbon 22"
ADG Brass

Im a fan of the 215's out of the 300 RUM, but no experience with them out of PRC. I recently purchased a few thousand 230's and 245's. I built the PRC mainly for the 245's, but I'm slightly worried its gonna be a turd with the 245's. (2700 FPS), so I picked up the 230's hoping it would be the same as the 215's but more of a good thing.

So basically, has anyone out there with a shorter barrel 300 PRC COMPARED the 3 bullets using N570 and if so, what were your thoughts and results?
Thanks.

Look at Rich Sherman's data. His 30 Sherman is a 300 PRC improved. They got 3000 fps with 245s @83 gr N570. Yours may not hold quite that much. That is a max load - not necessarily an accuracy load

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts