Berger 215/230/245 Load Data 300 PRC

Is there anyone out there that can help me ASAP. I desperately need to load up ammo tomorrow for my 300 PRC. The information that Berger sent me is dangerous.

I have N570/R33/H1000/N565 to use.

It's ALSO a short 22" Bartlein barrel if that matters for burn rate. I have no idea where to even start.

Thanks
Is there anyone out there that can help me ASAP. I desperately need to load up ammo tomorrow for my 300 PRC. The information that Berger sent me is dangerous.

It's ALSO a short 22" Bartlein barrel if that matters for burn rate. I have no idea where to even start.

Thanks
You should send all the 215 burgers to me

Thanks
Hi Folks, my name is Geoff Esterline, I work at Berger. Our apologies for the hot, hot PRC data! This was corrected a few months back, now that our Technical Support team recommendations are based on Lapua cartridge cases, which have a lower internal volume than other brands.

When our Technical Support team first started cooking up 300 PRC load data with Vihtavuori powders, QuickLoad default for case volume was derived from Hornady cases (only cases available at the time). With new, thicker Lapua 300 PRC cases, the internal volume is much lower and will incur higher pressures.

Again, our apologies for the hot loads. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if there's a need for more Berger, Lapua, or Vihtavuori data 660-460-2802. Or, Vihtavuori has begun further developing their 300 PRC and other loads listed on their website here: https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/

Good shooting!
Geoff

I'm still confused I guess. Pic one is from vihtavuori using Lapua brass.
Pic 2 is from Berger with their "updated" data using Lapua brass.
N570 for example. Sure seem far off from one another.

Soooo Vihtavuori's MAX load is 1gr UNDER Bergers starting load????

Attachments

• AD2FC43A-1444-4EC3-84BE-AA6CF97FD461.jpeg
    AD2FC43A-1444-4EC3-84BE-AA6CF97FD461.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 910
  • 866505DE-1C66-4982-A70F-E0743389E507.jpeg
    866505DE-1C66-4982-A70F-E0743389E507.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
Hi Folks, my name is Geoff Esterline, I work at Berger. Our apologies for the hot, hot PRC data! This was corrected a few months back, now that our Technical Support team recommendations are based on Lapua cartridge cases, which have a lower internal volume than other brands.

When our Technical Support team first started cooking up 300 PRC load data with Vihtavuori powders, QuickLoad default for case volume was derived from Hornady cases (only cases available at the time). With new, thicker Lapua 300 PRC cases, the internal volume is much lower and will incur higher pressures.

Again, our apologies for the hot loads. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if there's a need for more Berger, Lapua, or Vihtavuori data 660-460-2802. Or, Vihtavuori has begun further developing their 300 PRC and other loads listed on their website here: https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/

Good shooting!
Geoff
After reading your post again, I see what looks like you guy's are using "Quickload Data"

Is this correct? You aren't using pressure test barrels and actual data?