.300 or 6.5prc

vergy

Hi new here. I posted this on another site as well. I have a new bergara b14 in walnut. 300 win mag. Only 10 rds through it. Great gun! Debating on selling it or trading for a 6.5 prc. I think my gun has a value of $850. What prc would you recommend close to that price range? If I were to trade I'm willing to throw some money in but not a ton.
I also thought about restocking my 300 which would make it lighter but...prob kick more. Any thoughts on a 6.5 prc that would be a close-ish trade? Thx

Hi new here. I posted this on another site as well. I have a new bergara b14 in walnut. 300 win mag. Only 10 rds through it. Great gun! Debating on selling it or trading for a 6.5 prc. I think my gun has a value of $850. What prc would you recommend close to that price range? If I were to trade I'm willing to throw some money in but not a ton.
I also thought about restocking my 300 which would make it lighter but...prob kick more. Any thoughts on a 6.5 prc that would be a close-ish trade? Thx
What's the reasoning for wanting a 6.5 over the 300WM? It seems maybe you just don't like the overall setup of the bergara, not necessarily an issue with the cartridge? Do you not like the stock or the way it fits? It's not a shooter? Too much recoil?

Plenty of reasons to choose either one. And plenty ways to make that 300 shoot better for vice buying another brand new rifle. What made you chose the 30 cal to begin with? What type of shooting/hunting do you primarily want this rifle for?

Well I kinda bought it on a whim. Traded another gun in on it. Don't even know why. I like it. Very nice rifle. But 300 is more gun than I really need. Deer being biggest game I hunt. I do a lot of walking when I hunt. Prefer lighter gun. Which I could restock but prob have higher recoil then. I really love my .270s. Just thought about trading for a prc. Don't need to but have a interest in those.

Well I kinda bought it on a whim. Traded another gun in on it. Don't even know why. I like it. Very nice rifle. But 300 is more gun than I really need. Deer being biggest game I hunt. I do a lot of walking when I hunt. Prefer lighter gun. Which I could restock but prob have higher recoil then. I really love my .270s. Just thought about trading for a prc. Don't need to but have an interest in those.
Doesn't bergara make a lighter rifle the B14…wilderness maybe? Not sure; never looked at them much. But if so, just snag one for a similar price point. Or tikka makes about a 6# 6.5 PRC T3X that will most likely shoot 1/2 moa with factory ELDX straight out of the box. Stock kinda sucks, but buy a used KRG bravo for <$300 and be done with it. Anyways, that's how I'd spent ~$1000, if that was the budget for this one.

Welcome to LRH.
You mentioned that you have 270's.
Is a 270 enough gun for you? If so, look at a 6.5 Prc, very comfortable and capable of taking whitetail and other deer that size. Muzzle brake will tame just about any cartridge. I like the 300WM, since you already have it, put a lighter stock on it and a good muzzle brake, your good to go. 👍

6.8spc will do fine! Are you wanting speed is the reason for the 26prc? Looking for just factory offerings? I have 5 different cartridges in 26cals (6.5gren, 6.5creed, 260rem, 6.5prc & 264wm). The 1st 4 are in AR configurations only. A lighter faster bullet will have less recoil than a heavier slower bullet (powder choice is dependent). Keep the 300wm and use 168's and less. Should be fairly flat shooting out to 500 or maybe 600 yards.

Well I kinda bought it on a whim. Traded another gun in on it. Don't even know why. I like it. Very nice rifle. But 300 is more gun than I really need. Deer being biggest game I hunt. I do a lot of walking when I hunt. Prefer lighter gun. Which I could restock but prob have higher recoil then. I really love my .270s. Just thought about trading for a prc. Don't need to but have a interest in those.
I have three .300 WM, my go-to rifle from antelope to elk size game up to 1KY. Others noted that an effective muzzle brake will tame that beast if recoil is an issue. This is LRH, and let the .300 WM walk for you. Good luck!

Welcome to LRH.
You mentioned that you have 270's.
Is a 270 enough gun for you? If so, look at a 6.5 Prc, very comfortable and capable of taking whitetail and other deer that size. Muzzle brake will tame just about any cartridge. I like the 300WM, since you already have it, put a lighter stock on it and a good muzzle brake, your good to go. 👍
Thinking about that...might be a good route. I'll check into it.