.300 Norma magnum for hunting??

610 yds. Hoping to get some shots on game at over 1k after christmas

Attachments

• P1030864.jpg
    P1030864.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 100
Just finished load development with the new 208gr ELD-M in my 300 Norma magnum shoots very nice 3100fps the BC is definitely alot better than the old Amax verified at long range.

I am headed to a lead free zone next month on a hunt and am looking at the cutting edge 190 gr. I don't suppose anyone has shot them or know of any info or loads on them? I can load them down because I really like my brass right now.

ELK,

I haven't shot the .30 cal bullets in my RUM yet, but I have some experience with .284 MTH CEB. They shoot very well, killed a decent 3x3 with them season before last. Didn't really get to test performance, because of 60 yard neck shot. Hit bone and found two copper petals in neck meat. the other petal and base went through.

Tried the Hammer bullets in my 7 RM this year. Didn't get to kill anything, but load development was much easier with them. They weren't sensitive to seating depth...pick your powders and speed. I could have used any of the 3 powders I tried.

-Mike

I've been thru this whole thread.
Would a 10 twist be fine for 215 hybrids in the 300NM? I have a boatload of them, that's why I ask.

Has anyone yet tried the new Hornady 30cal EDL-M 225gr bullets in 300NM? It has an unbelievable BC and the same configuration than the old A-MAX bullets as far as I understand. Contrary to what everyone says about A-MAX bullets, it is a very good hunting bullet and I am very happy with it's performance on a wide variety of antelope - short and fairly long distance to 800m. I have not tried Hornady in the 300NM yet, but used 155grn A-MAX in .308 Win for years with success.

The 30cal 230grn Berger target hybrid for 300NM, is a DEVASTATING round on deer. I am sure so will the EDL-M will be too, but the BC, according to Hornady, is off the charts! Bryan Litz will have to independently verify this to get the real answers and lets hope he will not be bias towards Berger because he is working for them! At least if he tests it, you can assume that all his bullets would have been tested with the same equipment under the same conditions so it will give you a more accurate comparison.

Hornady beats the Berger on BC, but not sure on concentricity. The Berger bullets when tuned, are extremely accurate for target shooting. The best in my humble opinion. Apart from a small number of animals I have taken end of last year with the 230grn Bergers, I prefer Hornady as a hunting bullet. I might change my mind on that one though!