300 Norma Improved and 245 Bergers

I am looking for a 20 or 22" I would like to have you chamber in a 7 saum.
I don't have any of those at the moment. I don't do prefits etc. Full builds only. I don't want my name on something if I didnt build the whole thing. Theres too many things that need done for a rifle to consistently shoot with benchrest accuracy. Especially light weight big magnums.

Ryan, awesome build and shooting! What BC are you running with the 245's out to the 1900 yards you shot?

Also, do you see any benefit to running an 8 twist at sea level for these bullets?

Thanks!

Im running .440 G7 bc. Berger states .433. According to Berger the 8.5 tw provided more than enough stability in cold weather all the way down to 0 degrees at sea level. I don't have 8.0 tw on order due to not needing them.

wow .440?! what a beast of round.

*Also, how much does a chambered and threaded 26" finished sendero cf benchmark weigh approximately? I've never seen one in person but they are heavier than a Proof in similar contour, correct?

Thanks for the feedback.

wow .440?! what a beast of round.

*Also, how much does a chambered and threaded 26" finished sendero cf benchmark weigh approximately? I've never seen one in person but they are heavier than a Proof in similar contour, correct?

Thanks for the feedback.
theyre the same weight as a proof sendero if both have 1.250 shanks.

theyre the same weight as a proof sendero if both have 1.250 shanks.
Im curious if something has changed on either side? I have 3 benchmark carbons and 4 proofs. The benchmarks are definitely heavier on the the ones I have. Not trying to start something. I'm just genuinely curious as my benchmarks are from a couple years ago and my proofs are even older.

Im curious if something has changed on either side? I have 3 benchmark carbons and 4 proofs. The benchmarks are definitely heavier on the the ones I have. Not trying to start something. I'm just genuinely curious as my benchmarks are from a couple years ago and my proofs are even older.
the benchmarks with 1.200 shanks are slightly heavier than proofs with 1.200 shanks. however when both barrels have a 1.250 shank theyre the same weight.

Couldn't sleep so I decided to go and spin up a Benchmark 22" 8.5 tw 30 cal into a 300 Norma Improved for my Bat Vesper build. Dial Indicator read zero runout on the chamber and the bore micrometer said it was the same exact size as the reamer. Perfect Chamber. Gonna be running the new TBAC Magnus S RR suppressor when it gets here in a few more weeks. Even with the projected velocity loss the 245 LRHT will have enough energy to dump an elk at 1400+ yds. Compact elk slayer.
300 nmi 22 inch.jpg

Well yesterday was the calm before the snow storm. Wind was fairly calm so I decided to test out a node with the 22" barrel 300 norma improved and the Berger 245 gr LRHT. Id gotten the barrel broke in/done speeding up last weekend. I tested n570 and there was two nodes that were each over a half grain wide. 2760 fps and 2795-2800 fps. The lower node didn't shoot near as good as the upper node which is still a very mild load. I shot 3 shots of the upper node into 1.6"/.171 moa@890 yds and it had .82"/.088 moa vertical. When I did the ladder test this powder charge also impacted the same spot on the target as the charge right next to it. As a side note the 245 LRHT impacted at the same spot vertically at 900 yds from a velocity window of 2765-2810 fps. So the harmonic node is a mile wide as is the powder charge window. Seeing as this is a very mild load the brass will last 30+ firings. At 2800 fps this 245 berger has about the same amount of wind drift and energy at 1000 as a 215 gr berger with a muzzle velocity of 3200 fps. After 1000 the 245 pulls ahead. I cant hit 3200 fps with a 215 unless its in a 26" barrel and the top node of n570. Im using a mild load of n570 with this 245 lrht and a 22" barrel. For a comparison to a 6.5 prc and 156 berger the 245 gr has as much energy at 1000 as the 156 berger at around 350 yds
🙂
For a compact suppressed long range big game hammer I think this combo really cant be beat. Recoil with the Silencero Hybrid 46 and a 30 cal anchor brake on the end makes it super easy to spot hits with. The brake on the end of the suppressor makes a huge difference in recoil reduction. Was noticeably less recoil than when the 338 ultra suppressor was on it. Itll be interesting to try out the TBAC SR magnus S RR when it gets here in a few weeks.
100 yd 245 group.jpg
890 yd group.jpg
890yd vertical.jpg

Attachments

• 2800 fps node.jpg
    2800 fps node.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 19
Well yesterday was the calm before the snow storm. Wind was fairly calm so I decided to test out a node with the 22" barrel 300 norma improved and the Berger 245 gr LRHT. Id gotten the barrel broke in/done speeding up last weekend. I tested n570 and there was two nodes that were each over a half grain wide. 2760 fps and 2795-2800 fps. The lower node didn't shoot near as good as the upper node which is still a very mild load. I shot 3 shots of the upper node into 1.6"/.171 moa@890 yds and it had .82"/.088 moa vertical. When I did the ladder test this powder charge also impacted the same spot on the target as the charge right next to it. As a side note the 245 LRHT impacted at the same spot vertically at 900 yds from a velocity window of 2765-2810 fps. So the harmonic node is a mile wide as is the powder charge window. Seeing as this is a very mild load the brass will last 30+ firings. At 2800 fps this 245 berger has about the same amount of wind drift and energy at 1000 as a 215 gr berger with a muzzle velocity of 3200 fps. After 1000 the 245 pulls ahead. I cant hit 3200 fps with a 215 unless its in a 26" barrel and the top node of n570. Im using a mild load of n570 with this 245 lrht and a 22" barrel. For a comparison to a 6.5 prc and 156 berger the 245 gr has as much energy at 1000 as the 156 berger at around 350 yds View attachment 556330 For a compact suppressed long range big game hammer I think this combo really cant be beat. Recoil with the Silencero Hybrid 46 and a 30 cal anchor brake on the end makes it super easy to spot hits with. The brake on the end of the suppressor makes a huge difference in recoil reduction. Was noticeably less recoil than when the 338 ultra suppressor was on it. Itll be interesting to try out the TBAC SR magnus S RR when it gets here in a few weeks.
View attachment 556326View attachment 556327View attachment 556328
Very nice!!! Did you mess with seating depth at all, or just charge weight testing?