300 Norma build

amork

So for a while I said my next rifle build would be a 300 Norma. Is it exactly what I need? Probably Not exactly, but I'm a big 30 cal guy and the Norma has always intrigued me.
I am trying to keep this a little on the lighter side (I'm over carbon fiber wrapped barrels though) , it'll go with me through the mountains elk hunting till I put a couple notches on it Atleast and then to the Alaskan tundra for caribou/moose in 3 years. So what would you all try and stick with for a steel barrel contour?
I'm going with a
manners eh1
Not sure on action yet, talking to my smith this weekend
Bartlein barrel of some contour
Triggertech diamond trigger
That's about all I've decided so far.
If anyone has any builds they wanna share, I'd love to see them too.

Mine will be a 300 Norma improved but I'll list the parts below
Bat ignighter action
Benchmark or ace #5 steel barrel fluted at 22 inches
Alterra arms stock
Trigger tech diamond trigger
Nightforce nx8/leupold mk5
Unknown munitions bottom metal.

I went through the process and ended up going 300prc. I might try again at some point. The main issue I had was keeping the weight down. Pay for a good action that can handle the norma, but also keep the weight down. BAT is probably the way to go, but it isn't cheap.

So for a while I said my next rifle build would be a 300 Norma. Is it exactly what I need? Probably Not exactly, but I'm a big 30 cal guy and the Norma has always intrigued me.
I am trying to keep this a little on the lighter side (I'm over carbon fiber wrapped barrels though) , it'll go with me through the mountains elk hunting till I put a couple notches on it Atleast and then to the Alaskan tundra for caribou/moose in 3 years. So what would you all try and stick with for a steel barrel contour?
I'm going with a
manners eh1
Not sure on action yet, talking to my smith this weekend
Bartlein barrel of some contour
Triggertech diamond trigger
That's about all I've decided so far.
If anyone has any builds they wanna share, I'd love to see them too.
The most important part of your build is the action. With a Lapua sized case you want a Lapua sized Tenon and lugs, BAT is what I'd recommend specifically the Vesper from Unknown Munitions.
I used it in my build and it's fantastic.

For a Barrel make sure you get an 1.250 shank, if lightweight is your goal definitely get a Benchmark #4 or 5 with deep flutes. At 24" it'll be sub 3 lbs.

Here's a link to my build

Recent Posts