30 sherman magnum

waters warm

lol this.

Been talking to Tate to see if foundation is going to a long action revelation. If they do i think that will be what i go with for the 30 Sherman will be a little heavier than the manners but i want the wood looking finish with a proof on this one and figured a little weight can't hurt with the recoil on the 30 Sherman

lol this.

Been talking to Tate to see if foundation is going to a long action revelation. If they do i think that will be what i go with for the 30 Sherman will be a little heavier than the manners but i want the wood looking finish with a proof on this one and figured a little weight can't hurt with the recoil on the 30 Sherman

recoil is very relative, but honestly with a 419 hellfire break mine is very light recoil. I use a game warden adjustable stock with edge fill.

recoil is very relative, but honestly with a 419 hellfire break mine is very light recoil. I use a game warden adjustable stock with edge fill.

I agree i just don't ever plan on using the hellfire or sidewinder. I plan on running a can exclusively like i do the 7 SS. So i would be expect a significant pop from a 9~11lb rifle launching a 225gr ELD-M at 2900~3000fps. My 7 SS is pretty pleasant to shoot launching 180gr ELD-Ms at 2900fps but it's a notable push.

good idea for sure. I run the hellfire and am able to put my ultra thunderbeast on the same adapter the hellfire runs on. its pretty slick.
don't quote me but the suppressor may need to be rated for rum and below and not just 300 wm and below. think that is what I remember hearing but just double check

good idea for sure. I run the hellfire and am able to put my ultra thunderbeast on the same adapter the hellfire runs on. its pretty slick.
don't quote me but the suppressor may need to be rated for rum and below and not just 300 wm and below. think that is what I remember hearing but just double check

Probably i know the Ultra series is fine. Planning on a resonator K for $440 that if it's half as good as it's older brother will live on my 12.5" grendel and is rated up to 300RUM. Part of me wanted to grab another for the 7 SS and 30 Sherman. I'm sure it will still be loud but hunting taking away that huge boom is great for me. Only 10oz or so. Currently dad runs my omega on his 6.5 SAUM cause it's the lightest can and he's not wild about the weight of the rifle i had built for him. I run the hybrid. Then i let my brother run my 30CB9. Had i had it to do over again i'd have an Ultra 9, Ultra 7, and Ultra 5. And likely whatever TBAC is about to announce that's 12oz or so and full auto rated with QD. But is what it is.

I really want Jon to come out with a Ti 419 adapter. That's currently what i run all my cans on and it would considerably lighten up the omega and hybrid with a Ti adapter and end cap.

So just out of curiosity, what do you think a guy could push the new berger 245gr pills to? if i could get them to the 3kish mark I'd be tickled pink.

lol this.

If you don't want to wait you could also go with mcmillan and do the mcwalnut. That's what I just did, haven't seen it yet but my gunsmith said it's sharp.

If you don't want to wait you could also go with mcmillan and do the mcwalnut. That's what I just did, haven't seen it yet but my gunsmith said it's sharp.

Im going to look into that. Cause I'm honestly not wild about the shape of the revelation but i do love the way the foundations look. With defiance releasing the anTi action for $1050 with the same tolerances as the ruckus (accepting prefits) it's almost a no brainer that will be the route i take. I'm hoping they do a GAP hunter config for the anTi and that would be perfect.

Did you guys know McMillan does a McWalnut finish? 100% set on a A6 PRS in this finish.
LRM_EXPORT_49509010591685_20190426_232054475.jpeg

I took some of the new fire formed ADG brass out today to get a feel for velocities and max loads. I fired 5 loads of N570 behind a 230 hybrid. I was having trouble getting readings at first so only got the 86 grain reading at 3080' and pressure was fine. I fired 87 and finally reached a bit of heavy bolt lift (no x marks)
When I measured the web on the brass, it verified what I observed. 83-86 measured the exact same and the 87 grain load expanded an additional .0005". Velocity was probably at 3120'.
I went back out with H1000 loaded from 82-85 grains. no reading at 82 but 83 was 3045'. 85 clocked 3140' and had heavy bolt lift and a slight x mark. 84 had some increased bolt lift also. I would say max with H1000 was at 3045' with the 83 gr load.
I loaded 1 case with 87 grains of N570 behind a 215 based on my testing with the 230. It cranked out 3211' and bolt lift was nice and easy with no x marks. I think another grain would likely show the first signs of pressure and velocity would be 3250'. Pretty impressed with the brass and speeds so far!
IMG_20200221_135129659.jpg
IMG_20200221_141023155.jpg
IMG_20200221_155107634.jpg
IMG_20200221_155349233.jpg

That's a 28" barrel or 26"?

That is very good vel to powder ratio.

If the accuracy is there with the 83gr H1000 for the 230gr @ 3k+ that would be a great yr round hunting load. If its true to form it will be capable of single digit ES.
I also tend to prefer heavy for caliber bullets keep a max mv in the 3kish range. 230gr@3k with h1000 should give good comparative throat life to boot.

What's the full h2o capacity of the fireformed case?