30 SHERMAN MAGNUM

I'm looking to see if anyone has a QuickDesign file for Rich's 30 Sherman Magnum. I started playing around with QuickLoad, but I don't have this file for the 30 Sherman cartridge to use. I appreciate any help with this.

Can't you just use 300PRC and adjust the case capacity? Or does QL actually factor in case geometry?

Steve

That's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm not sure if Quickload uses the geometry or not. I just want to do it the best possible way before I get too deep.
Randy

I actually never thought about geometry consideration until now, but I always start all my wildcats off with the parent or something the same length and adjust parameters from there. I have not blown anything up yet and verified velocities prove to be within acceptable margin of error.

Purely anecdotal... I may blowsomething up tomorrow.

Steve

Hi fellow 30 cal shooters. I recently acquired a custom 28 Inch Heavy Contour Non-Fluted Stainless Steel Bartlein 1:9 Twist Barrel chambered in 30 Sherman Magnum it is an exceptional shooter!! My question is has anyone else tried Hornady's 225 Grain ELD Match in the Civilian Version sku: 82162 vs the Law Enforcement TAP version sku: 81215? Reason being I have unlimited access to both versions, but can get the Law Enforcement TAP version with my military/law enforcement discount.. Is there any real difference between the two versions or is it just a marketing thing?

I truly appreciate being able to converse with like minded individuals who love extremely accurate 30 cal magnum rifles.. Thank you for supporting America and it's Armed Forces/Law Enforcement!!

BTW Elkaholic aka Rich Sherman you are definitely the man of the year in my book. This 30 Sherman Magnum leaves nothing on the table to be desired.. You Sir, are definitely on the road to success to become a household name like Roy Weatherby and P.O. Ackley...

Hi fellow 30 cal shooters. I recently acquired a custom 28 Inch Heavy Contour Non-Fluted Stainless Steel Bartlein 1:9 Twist Barrel chambered in 30 Sherman Magnum it is an exceptional shooter!! My question is has anyone else tried Hornady's 225 Grain ELD Match in the Civilian Version sku: 82162 vs the Law Enforcement TAP version sku: 81215? Reason being I have unlimited access to both versions, but can get the Law Enforcement TAP version with my military/law enforcement discount.. Is there any real difference between the two versions or is it just a marketing thing?

I truly appreciate being able to converse with like minded individuals who love extremely accurate 30 cal magnum rifles.. Thank you for supporting America and it's Armed Forces/Law Enforcement!!

BTW Elkaholic aka Rich Sherman you are definitely the man of the year in my book. This 30 Sherman Magnum leaves nothing on the table to be desired.. You Sir, are definitely on the road to success to become a household name like Roy Weatherby and P.O. Ackley...
Very kind words but I don't consider myself in their class. Ackley was a hero of mine growing up and I guess his work rubbed off on me a little.
I do enjoy watching others benefit from my creations. Shooters are a good bunch, for the most part. and Ive made many friends along the way!

What is the most temperature stable powder for 300 PRC & 30 Sherman Magnum in extremely cold -30° F degree climates? This new Winchester StaBall HD Magnum powder looks very promising if anyone can find any to test please post your results.. Thanks in advance...

What is the most temperature stable powder for 300 PRC & 30 Sherman Magnum in extremely cold -30° F degree climates? This new Winchester StaBall HD Magnum powder looks very promising if anyone can find any to test please post your results.. Thanks in advance...
N570 is excellent from 20-100 but I've never tried it below zero

Recent Posts