30 Nosler Questions

6x47lapua

I am putting together a rifle for a buddy of mine in 30Nosler. Looking for recommendations on the best, most accurate brass. Who all makes brass for this?
I'll also need a reamer. Will be setting it up to try Accubond LR 210 and probably some Berger 210s as well. Should I send a dummy round loaded how I want, to Kiff or does he have a reamer already throated for these bullets? I like the boat tail /body junction of the bullet to be up out of the donut area. Any advice on brass, powders, etc welcome.
My experience is with 6, 6.5 and 7s. Never played around with a 30 before.
Thanks

I havent got my stock yet to put the rifle completely together but if my math is correct 3.63 will be at the lands so around 3.62 should be about .010 off.
Keep in mind lot to lot of bullets can be different so my measurements are off of bergers site.

I use Nosler Brass (although with hotter loads the primer pockets tend to get a little loose). H1000 has worked great for me with various bullets. Federal 215M primers. Settled on Berger 190 VLD's when all was settled and done. Very accurate hunting combination. Good luck!

I havent got my stock yet to put the rifle completely together but if my math is correct 3.63 will be at the lands so around 3.62 should be about .010 off.
Keep in mind lot to lot of bullets can be different so my measurements are off of bergers site.
My Smith has a a .200 fb BUT I am considering holding out on my 30 Nosler build until I am able to build off a .225 fb reamer. Is the performance substantially better in the .225 fb than the .200 fb? From what I have read on the .225 fb the 215 Berger's are performing well at 3,100 fps, I have been told the .200 fb is getting 3,050 -3,100 fps also with the 215 Berger.
I am very much a "Newbie" so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Not if you use the 210 the .200 will be fine. You can always kiss the lands with a throater if you want more.

The saami .131 may be what your reading about. I doudt very seriously with the saami freebore you will get over 3050 with a 25-26 barrel before you pressure out with a 210-215

Anyone know where I can get the reamer with the .225 Freebore? I'd like to find one in stock. Also, any sources for the ADG brass?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.