30-378 Help

gvonblohn

Hey guys, long time reader, less than occassional poster. I need some help. I have an awesome 180 Barnes TSX - Retumbo load for my Weatherby Accumark, but I was wondering if anyone has any favorite loads for the 200gr Sierra MK. I also have 10+lbs of IMR 5010 but can't seem to figure what a good starting and max load should be. IMR will not comment other than it was MilSurp for the 50BMG and I know I can't do a head to head with H5010. Is it safe to start with that load data and work up.?

My favorite load for my Accumark barrel was 200 gr Accubonds and 106gr Retumbo.

103 H1000 with 200mks was pretty good too.

I don't really work loads up, I find out what the boundaries are from the get-go. If I had 10 lbs of unknown burn rate powder thats most likely slower than H1000 I would start at 100gr and do single loads jumping 2 grains up until I saw signs I didn't like, then do ten one grain incremental loads under max sign indicated powder level for a rough ladder at 3-4 hundred yards, and then whatever method works after that.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts