30-378 first bull

chubby5258

Shot this bull in the first season In Colorado. 30-378 did the job
IMG_0664.jpg

First day out I didnt see anything I could get a good shot at Just a bunch of elk running throught the timbe. Shot this one on the second day around 4:15 . About 2 hrs before I had 3 bulls bugling Within 150 yards but didnt get to see them. I had one lane about 210 yards that I can shoot long and some cows came through there I had the gun on the path an counted 14 cows but the bull didnt come through so I put the gun down and waited. 2 hrs later out of know where from my right this bull Just runs out 10 yards from me WOW Pick my gun up But Of coarse I didnt turn my scope back to low power so all I saw was fur, Had to back the scope off real quick but by the time that happend he got on the other side of the timber. Just lucky for me I had scoped all the shooting lanes out and he gave me about a 5 ft hole to shoot him at about 30 yards. Really didnt need the big gun at that range But It did fall in my scope. I did learn to allways turn the scope back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.