FINALLY- First Bull !!!

I live in Wyoming and have hunted elk every year, from when I was 12 till now, 16 years, with pretty good success. And yet, every year I still get the shakes and adrenalin rush when I spot the first herd of elk, and after the shot as well, whether cow or bull. Elk hunting is just something beautiful, magical. Great story, and fantastic hunt. Elk meat feeds my family and helps get us through the winter, I'm certain you will enjoy yours!!

Good job, the first is the hardest. The way you hunt I bet you'll do it again soon. Congrats and good luck this year

As everyone has said...congrats......but i still would have let the mule pack out the head....
Done that many times....in the desert..not so bad...in the timber on the coast.......what a pita.....

wow, way to go! and awesome seeing all those elk every day. i saw two cow elk first day at first light at that's all the elk i saw the whole week. but i'll get one this october (hopefully!).

The rancher did ask me a couple of times before he left with the mule if I was sure that I wanted to carry it out. I probably will let him haul the next one out with the horses, just wanted to do the first one myself...........JR

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.