30-06 AI dies

Salar600

Hi

I am thing about a new build and looked to fin Redding Type S die for it but it's not listed.

Do you think I could use a 280AI instead with the proper bushing for the 06AI?

If not what, do you use shooter of 30-06 AI?

Thanks for your help

Got an answer from Redding. I can't use a 280AI die but they can make a custom one.

;-)

I use Redding C- series 2 die set. Wish I had a Competition seating die as my rifle is accurate enough to justify having one. This 2 die set has done the job for Several years though....

Dan

Well I just like to have the option of adjusting neck tension!

The bullet will adjust to .002" or so neck tension for you. The only time you will have issues with neck tension fouling up runout is if you are more than a few thou. more than that undersize.
The only time I've wished for a collet die is using win 7stw brass in my Dad's die set. My die set (redding) has enough neck tension, but his (also redding) is borderline with .283" bullets (some .284" bullets are really .283")... That's with 50 rifles and half as many cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.