6.5-06 AI dies

devildoc

Well, i've crossed over to the darkside and have decided to get my first semi-custom rifle together. I've decided to go with the 6.5-06AI that I'm gonna have done up on a 30-06 700BDL that has been collecting dust in my safe for a while.
Problem is dies; have any of you say, ordered a 6.5mm mandrel and replaced the mandrel in a 25-06 Lee collet neck sizer? Would it work? That would get me a long way on reloading, I figure I could get several loadings out of a fireformed case before I'd have to worry about having a body die made.
Well any thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:
We'll

I may have a remedy to your problem. I bought a bunch of stuff off a guy to get a few select items he had and in doing so came out with a newlin fl die for a 6.5-06 AI 290 neck. I also have the wilson inline seater. Both of these were cut by Dave Tooley when he chambered the barrel. The sizing die is made to use bushings like the reeding has a 285 bushing in it. You can email me medicresqATyadtel.net if your interested.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.