3.6-18x44 MK5 vs Razor LHT 3-15x50 - Low light comparison?

I have had both, but not compared them side to side in low light unfortunately

my Razor was extremely impressive optically especially for the price, but I do think the Mk5hd might edge it out

I have both, I'll try to get some info in the next few weeks. They're def an apples to oranges comparison, ffp vs sfp. The razor hd lht reticle is dead simple especially with the illuminated dot. If I had to pick one scope to go on one rifle to hunt the world with, it'd be a razor hd lht on a 30 nosler. It can do long range, woods shooting, low light with illumination, it's very good. The leupold mk5hd reticles are a bit thin on low end of magnification unless illuminated. I have 4x mk5hd, 2 illum and 2 standard. DEF get the illuminated verison if it's all hunting scope.

Anyone have any more input? I currently have a 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD illuminated TMR on my primary hunting rifle and I love it, but the prospect of dropping a half pound off my rifle, putting $1k back in my pocket, and potentially having better low light performance has me intrigued. I also really like the G4 reticle for hunting.

Anyone have any more input? I currently have a 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD illuminated TMR on my primary hunting rifle and I love it, but the prospect of dropping a half pound off my rifle, putting $1k back in my pocket, and potentially having better low light performance has me intrigued. I also really like the G4 reticle for hunting.
In that case you could buy a Bushnell 4-16X and have a lighter scope with good glass and good low light performance.

Shoot I now see they have the 3-15x50 in the MOA version... Anybody think I should try the 50mm over the 42mm I have coming? Tempted to get both and if my rings work with the 50mm, run that one...

Eurooptic has the 3-15x50 HSR5i model for $799...I'll have one to compare to my Mark 5HD shortly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts