Vortex HD 5-20x50 vs Permier Light Tactical 3-15x50

cjholler

I am looking into topping off a remmington 700 in 300 win mag this is a hunting rig and like taking it to the range to pratice on distance some times not long as i would like but you got to work with what you get. If you can give me pros and cons of the vortex razor and permier LT. i lean towards the permier but i am bit concerned with it being FFP at lower power. any in sight would be helpful and welcome. thanks in advance

I have 2 LT on a 338 lapua raptor action by Kirby and 7mm AM raptor action so far love the scopes. I have shot white tails in KS cow elk in WY and if u are worried about low end just turn on lighted reticle and there is no problem in dark or full light.

Taking 338 to the Yukon on sept 10 for moose, grizzly, and caribou.
Shooting 225 cutting edge at 3085 confirmed with oehler 35p.

Will try to post results when I return.

Glass on premier is great, I have hensoldts, s&b, new atacrs, they r just as good.

thanks for the reply how far have you been able to reach out with the LT and good luck on the hunt. i look forward to hearing the results

Gen 2XR. On low power it is fine but doesn't bother me some have said the gen2 mil dot would be better for hunting but only u can decide that

premiere is a company that seems to have a lot of rumors about it even actually being in business. Their scopes are way over priced and heavy. I have to ask if you have this kind of money to spend on a scope why isn't it a nightforce??

I have the Vortex Razor 5-20X50 with the EBR2B MRAD reticle on my 260 Ackley. So far I have taken it to 1062 meters, but only on steel plates. It has been absolutely flawless so far and I am very impressed with it. I will be putting another one on my upcoming 7mm and 338 projects so I guess you can say I am very happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts