SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical VS Burris XTR II4-20x50mm

su37

SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical.... VERSES ..... Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm

Anyone here with first hand experience that has some input for each scope.

I plan on putting one on a RPR 6.5 Creedmoor.

Great question ! I have the SWFA 5x20x50 and I thinks it has the best glass I've ever owned. I have a Zeiss HD5x25x50mm and the SWFA is a little bit better.

Thank you for your answer.

Is your SWFA clear on the higher x's ?

Like Iron Worker, I too like my SWFA 5-20x50. I don't have the Burris XTRII 4-20x50 but I have the Veracity in the same magnification range and it's a lot of scope for the money ... also like it very much. The Veracity is better in color fringing at high contrast objects (http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/burris-xtr-ii-147593/) than the XTRII.

One thing that I wish SWFA has is a zero stop but it's not a show stopper for me. The magnification adjustment can be tight but with a lever throw is not too bad.

IMHO, both are excellent scope and might boil down to personal preference. Good luck!

Being that I own the swfa and have only looked through the xtr2 on a buddy of mines rifle . I believe that the swfa has better glass. Though the xtr2 may be more option loaded and with the 34mm tube I'd imagine more light transmission. I like the swfa reticle a lot. If they decide to go moa reticle option in all their optics like they have started with their fixed 10x I believe it's a hunting scope dream with 40 moa in the reticle.
My 2 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.