Veracity vs viper in low light

Zmgsvt

Need some input on lower light hunting situations. I like to punch paper out to 800 or so but more importantly need the best scope under $1000 for hunting. Considering either a veracity or PST FFP.

I guess to rephrase, I'd like someone to sway me one way or the other. I sat outside yesterday evening until dark watching cows at different ranges with a 5-25 veracity and 4-16x44 HS LR. The Veracity seems hands down better at lower light, my only hold back is how difficult it is to see the reticle the darker it gets. Also to my understanding the HS LR has the same glass as the PST.

I don't have any Burris scopes, I have dealt with them in the past. Everything they makes seems to be top notch...
I have the PST and have no complaints. Vortex will take care of you...
Not sure about the Burris you are looking at, but the PST will come with a illuminated reticle, that should help with the crosshair issue, not sure if the glass is going to allow more light or not... The 50mm objective will help along with dialing back the magnification when it gets dark.
I don't see shooting extremely far where high mag is needed, if it's dark enough that seeing the cross hair is tough..

After reviewing the HS LR, I don't see you gaining much by getting the PST, other than the illuminated reticle...

I guess to rephrase, I'd like someone to sway me one way or the other. I sat outside yesterday evening until dark watching cows at different ranges with a 5-25 veracity and 4-16x44 HS LR. The Veracity seems hands down better at lower light, my only hold back is how difficult it is to see the reticle the darker it gets. Also to my understanding the HS LR has the same glass as the PST.

I have the Veracity 4-20 and it's definitely better than the 4-16x44 HS LR during legal shooting times. Depending on distance, I can still see the reticle on game during the last 1/2 hour but cannot see what is beyond or see the rack. In short, it's to late to shoot safely.

I've owned both, the veracity has better glass all around, noticeably better at low light.

I would go with the Veracity as well. I have the Viper HS LR and the glass is not that great.

One other thing to keep in mind about the HS LR is that it only has a 1/2 MOA elevation turret while the HS-T & PST have 1/4 MOA

I have both the veracity 4-20 and the viper HS 4-16. Hands down the veracity is all around better.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.