Optika 6 VS. Veracity

Well dang. And I was excited about trying the XTR 3.

I have looked through the Eliminator III and all of the XTR scopes. The glass is on the lower end of the mid priced market and that's probably giving it more credit than it deserves.

Back in the day, I used to love the old Burris Signature series 1" tube scopes with adjustable objective. The glass was great and light gathering was phenomenal. Dont kn now what happened to their glass quality over the years, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. I expect China manufacturing is what happened...

On lower powers all glass looks pretty dang good, but when you crank up the power on any current model 'high magnification' Burris scope, the image becomes very dark and milky to the point where it almost unuseable my opinion. The XTR 8-40x50 has some of the worst glass I have ever seen in a high magnification scope. A Chinese Tasco from Walmart could probably give it a run for its money. The 4-16x Eliminator III is a close second. Supposedly the new XTR III scopes have better glass, but I wouldnt gamble to much on it because the Eliminator III is the 3rd revision as well and the glass is still horrible.

The XTR and XTR II turrets are also very mushy. Maybe they've fixed that in the newer XTR III revisions, but they were nothing to write home about on the older model scopes I played with.

But dont take my word for it. Go compare the Burris scopes to others in the same price range. I think you'll find, as myself and many others have, that Burris glass sits at the bottom of the barrel in their respective optic price ranges.

For something like the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56 selling at $1850, I'd be willing to bet the ranch that you can find a much better quality scope with similar magnification levels in that same price range. The Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 glass would probably still best the much more expensive Burris. Meopta is well known for giving the consumer levels of quality way beyond the price paid for any of their optics.

Last edited:
I have looked through the Eliminator III and all of the XTR scopes. The glass is on the lower end of the mid priced market and that's probably giving it more credit than it deserves.

Back in the day, I used to love the old Burris Signature series 1" tube scopes with adjustable objective. The glass was great and light gathering was phenomenal. Dont kn now what happened to their glass quality over the years, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. I expect China manufacturing is what happened...

On lower powers all glass looks pretty dang good, but when you crank up the power on any current model 'high magnification' Burris scope, the image becomes very dark and milky to the point where it almost unuseable my opinion. The XTR 8-40x50 has some of the worst glass I have ever seen in a high magnification scope. A Chinese Tasco from Walmart could probably give it a run for its money. The 4-16x Eliminator III is a close second. Supposedly the new XTR III scopes have better glass, but I wouldnt gamble to much on it because the Eliminator III is the 3rd revision as well and the glass is still horrible.

The XTR and XTR II turrets are also very mushy. Maybe they've fixed that in the newer XTR III revisions, but they were nothing to write home about on the older model scopes I played with.

But dont take my word for it. Go compare the Burris scopes to others in the same price range. I think you'll find, as myself and many others have, that Burris glass sits at the bottom of the barrel in their respective optic price ranges.

For something like the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56 selling at $1850, I'd be willing to bet the ranch that you can find a much better quality scope with similar magnification levels in that same price range. The Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 glass would probably still best the much more expensive Burris. Meopta is well known for giving the consumer levels of quality way beyond the price paid for any of their optics.

Thanks! I currently have two Optika 6's and think the world of them. Excellent all the way around. Thanks for sound advice.

DrillDog, years ago, I had one of those signature Burris scopes, youre right, they were kick butt nice, but I'm not impressed now.
The optical quality on these Meoptas, would, could sell for twice the price, and they would sell. I'll own another!

Guys, I brought my rig home today, and have been fooling with this scope, really got it focused to me, perfectly, and I still can't get over how nice this piece is. Before I left gunshop, opted to replace the medium rings, and go to high ones. Didn't want to, but bolt was too close to power ring, and I could make it hit it if I tried!
My dealer informed me thst Meopta is bringing out another scope, Optika5.
This is a 1 inch tube, instead of 30mm.
Also, sunshade will be available this year! Yayyyy! Meopta has it going on!

Guys, I brought my rig home today, and have been fooling with this scope, really got it focused to me, perfectly, and I still can't get over how nice this piece is. Before I left gunshop, opted to replace the medium rings, and go to high ones. Didn't want to, but bolt was too close to power ring, and I could make it hit it if I tried!
My dealer informed me thst Meopta is bringing out another scope, Optika5.
This is a 1 inch tube, instead of 30mm.
Also, sunshade will be available this year! Yayyyy! Meopta has it going on!
Definitely going to get a sunshade. I'm thinking of selling a few things and picking up a 5-30x56 mrad.

Can anyone attest to the trackability of the meopta scopes? I'm very interested in the 4x27 just concerned about turret tracking

I'm looking to upgrade from my HS-T viper. I was always happy with the Vortex I'm just looking to upgrade magnification. I think I have it narrowed down to the PST ii 5x25 and the Optika6.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.