284win help

I want to thank everyone who gave their input. I went with a 22in 1in8.5 twist with the custom reamer with .152 fb. I will send in dummy rounds to get it throated. Now I need to get some 7mm bullets to make a few dummy rounds up. If anyone has an assortment like 2 of a few different types i could buy that may be helpful. 130-150 monos and 150-175 cup and core.
Who did you get your reamer from? PM me your address and I will send you some 7mm bullets you need.

I set mine up differently, minimum chamber, with .077 free bore and 1° 30' lead and a .3145 neck. Winchester brass is ok, but necking up Lapua 6.5, I have to skim turn the necks. Then I just use a throating reamer for the bullet I want to shoot at the depth I want to seat it. With it as it is, I can touch the lands with a 120 grain bullet.

Attachments

• 284WINCHESTER_000035.png
    284WINCHESTER_000035.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
In my X-Caliber prefit (I think SAAMI chamber, they don't say otherwise), here are the OALs to the lands.
162 ELD-X: 3.162"
168 LRX: 3.140"
168 ABLR: 3.194"
180 Hybrid: 3.238"

Because of the tapered lands, the 284 Win SAAMI chamber is especially tough to calculate 'freebore'. If you're good staying under 168, I'd say SAAMI would work for your daughters gun.
I can send you one of each of these (or 175 ELD-X instead of the 180) for a few bucks plus shipping. Also, Copper Creek sells single bullets.

I am building my daughter a hunting rifle in 284win. Running lapua brass. Getting ready to order a barrel from carbon six. Looking for advice on proper amount of free bore for 140-168 class bullets. My max coal is just under 3.25in. I have zero 7mm bullets to get any measurements from I only have 6mm and 30cal. I would be willing to buy singles from someone who has a good selection of 140-168s to get my own measurements and to send them a dummy round or 2. I have attached the reamer print they have on hand. I would have to rent one if I wanted something different.
If you can email me a shipping label I have a few different grain and brand of 7mm I would donate to you. Email me at [email protected]