280 A1 necked down to 6.5

Navarro1

Looking for some information on this wildcat if anyone has some information on it and would like to share ,I sure would appreciate it .
I have a 25-06 Rem 700 and would like to rebarrel to this caliber.

Thanks
Navarro1

Looking for some information on this wildcat if anyone has some information on it and would like to share ,I sure would appreciate it .
I have a 25-06 Rem 700 and would like to rebarrel to this caliber.

Thanks
Navarro1

280 AI and 284 win have almost the exact same case capacity. Why not just go with a 6.5-284? It's extremely common, lapua makes brass for it, and you could actually resell it. If you're worried about the "AI" aspect, the 6.5-284 has a much steeper than average shoulder; though, I am not sure exactly what degree it is.

I would go 6.5/06 lots of brass to be had. I did a 6.5x47 lapua and I'm very pleased with accuracy and the velocity. The velocity really has blown me away I'm running 130 accubonds at just over 3000 fps and its shooting in the .2's&.3s with reloader 17. But if I do it again and had a long action to work with id go the 06 route brass is cheap and very available.

Talk to a guy on here named Rich Sherman (elkaholic). He invented a caliber called the 6.5 Sherman, which is pretty much the same thing you're after.

280 AI and 284 win have almost the exact same case capacity. Why not just go with a 6.5-284? It's extremely common, lapua makes brass for it, and you could actually resell it. If you're worried about the "AI" aspect, the 6.5-284 has a much steeper than average shoulder; though, I am not sure exactly what degree it is.

35!

Thank you for answering me on this ,rethinking this I am going to go with the 6.5/06 A1 ,I have lots of 2506 brass and 3006 brass so resizing and fire forming will be easy
Thanks for the different ideas and options
Navarro1

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.