28 nosler with 195 vs 300 win mag with 215 hybrid

with 100-125fps inflated 195 velocity

i'll take the 30-06 over a 270 also :p
The velocity is not inflated, that's a fairly common velocity. Also, I have never liked a .270, so gotta agree, I'd take a .30-06 over a .270, but still would take a .280 Sherman over both of them.

So your saying that its a common thing to shoot a 195 berger from a 28 nosler in a 26" length barrel from a cartridge burning 82-83gr average gr of powder and do it with good brass life all the while everyone on this thread that has one and shoots it to its potential says the number about 100-125 fps slower than that acclaimed 3150fps!!?? :eek:

So your saying that its a common thing to shoot a 195 berger from a 28 nosler in a 26" length barrel from a cartridge burning 82-83gr average gr of powder and do it with good brass life all the while everyone on this thread that has one and shoots it to its potential says the number about 100-125 fps slower than that acclaimed 3150fps!!?? :eek:
In this conversation, brass life is irrelevant, powder charge is irrelevant, and potential is irrelevant. The only thing relevant is cartridge, bullet, & velocity. That's it.

I trust Ryan Pierce's data... https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/28-nosler-195-berger-re33-testing.159270/

Hunting bullet to 1000 yards, deer, antelope and elk. Which is the choice? A lot of proven data on 215 but have heard of some performance issues with 195? 195 wins ballistically for wind drift. Any help is appreciated in my decision.

so there ya go

28 Nosler with a 195 in a 26"bbl can beat a 300 WM 215 Hybrid just before the 28 detonates.
the 300WM has many more bullets to choose from.
can be used way more than one loading.
and has a proven kill record.
I'd go with the 300WM but

ill stick to my 300NM

All I really was lookin for is some first hand experience with the 195 Berger on game from the 28 nosler. From a numbers standpoint it looks really good on paper but how does the bullet perform, if performance is sub par then I would run the 215 hybrid which has much proven results. Does anyone hunt with it around here ?

All I really was lookin for is some first hand experience with the 195 Berger on game from the 28 nosler. From a numbers standpoint it looks really good on paper but how does the bullet perform, if performance is sub par then I would run the 215 hybrid which has much proven results. Does anyone hunt with it around here ?

I agree, there is no substitute for "real" world experience as I noted in #19. While nowhere near as Jeff's (BROZ) well documented continued success with the 215/.300 WM combo, I have pretty good success with 215 on .300 WSM and .300 WM.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.