28 nosler rebarrel question

txhoghunter73

I am wanting to rebarrel a rifle to 28 nosler. I was thinking about a 28inch pacnor #4 contour with 3 flutesto keep it light weight. Do y'all think this will work? Or is this barrel too long and thin for the 28 nosler. I'm worried about harmonics.

Since it sounds like you want a lighter weight hunting rifle...Build a load for it and shoot some critters. You will be fine.

Last edited:
I am having one rebarrel at the moment. I am useing a # 5 26 in Brux with six flutes. I didn't weigh it the barrel but was supprised how light it was.

My 7lrm is getting rebarreled to a new proof 26" 1:8.4 sendero, Ryan Pierce 28 nosler chamber. 28" is a long barrel, with brake you'll be 30", .650 muzzle diametery is pretty light in that length. You'll probably get good 3 shot group accuracy, but will shift poi after it heats up, which it will quickly with the large cartridge.

Last edited:
I think people read to much into light barrels versus heavy barrels for accuracy in a hunting gun. Like what has stated before it's the first shot that counts.
A good barrel is a good barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.