28 nosler powder recommendations

AZjake

I'm getting ready to reload the 195s for my 28 and trying to decide what powder to run. I know it seems like rl33 is somewhat the go to in 28s with 195s but the rifle will be used anywhere from -10 degrees to 110 degrees and I'm worried about it being temp sensitive. Mainly trying to decide between H1000 and Retumbo. Kind of seems like people favor the retumbo and I'm leaning that way. Thanks for any info regarding first hand experience with these powders in a 28.

I'm getting ready to reload the 195s for my 28 and trying to decide what powder to run. I know it seems like rl33 is somewhat the go to in 28s with 195s but the rifle will be used anywhere from -10 degrees to 110 degrees and I'm worried about it being temp sensitive. Mainly trying to decide between H1000 and Retumbo. Kind of seems like people favor the retumbo and I'm leaning that way. Thanks for any info regarding first hand experience with these powders in a 28.
AZJake,
Please contact us at 714-441-7202 from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time MON thru FRI and we can help you with load data and bullet seating depth testing information. Unfortunately due to a recent change in protocol put into place by Eric we can no longer send unpublished load data out via email. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Not a 28 Nosler, but I am running N570 through my STW w/ the 195's. It proved to be the best across velocity, temp stability, and accuracy.

Wish I could find some N570 in stock to give it a try! Seems pretty hard to come by right now

I use reloader 33 in both of my 28 noslers, one with 195's and the other with 180 eldm's and get great speed and accuracy. I use retumbo in other rifles, I get good accuracy and temp stability from it.

I am running Retumbo in 3 different 28 Noslers with 195's. All 3 shoot 1/2 moa or better with velocity over 3000 in all of them. 26" barrels.
I run H1000 in my 300 win pushing 210's.

Retumbo and N570. N570 was close to 100 fps faster. I did notice accelerated throat erosion with the N570 though.

I'd really like to see what the new Enduron 8133 will do with this cartridge. I was able to snag 6 pounds of N570 locally. They haven't been able to get any more in since.

I'd really like to see what the new Enduron 8133 will do with this cartridge. I was able to snag 6 pounds of N570 locally. They haven't been able to get any more in since.
My local store has a big selection...But they don't have many of the staples, like Norma MRP, or any of the magnum Vihtavuori powders.