270 win 100 0r 110 NAB

Anybody tried either of the above in their 270 win on paper or game?

Thanks

Bob

I honestly can't say I have used those in a 270 but I've used accubonds in 7mm and 308 cal and they absolutely are amazing on deer for all distances under say 600 yards depending on how fast you are sending them downrange. They expand very well but retain lots of weight to drive deep for penetration even if you hit bone. Thry are also typically accurate and they like a bit of jump to the barrel which is great if you have a magazine or if you have a sloppy chamber throat length. Their only downfall is expense. I wouldn't be using them for paper.

There is load data for those bullets in the 270 win, but I personally don't think it's a good match. The 100 grainers would be flying around 3500 fps. I think those bullets are better suited for something like the 6.8 SPC.

What are you trying to do with those? Varmints? Low recoil loads? I'd still be looking at the 130's and up.

What are you trying to do with those? Varmints? Low recoil loads? I'd still be looking at the 130's and up.[/QUOTE]

I have no specific plans with them and am simply looking for any successes or failures. I have great 130 and 150 gr loads for the 270 win.

Shoot straight

Bob

Not NAB, but 110gr Barnes TSX with 57gr of IMR 4350 my 22" Tikka does 3200 fps and
.5 MOA or less at 100. Took a Texas White Tail in December. Fist sized exit hole
at 140 yards. Impact velocity around 2800 fps. DRT!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.