27 Nosler

Has anyone heard any updates on this caliber. Last I heard is that Nosler sent print to Sammi but they haven't signed off on it yet. I have a 8 twist benchmark barrel on order to build a 27.

If it was me...I would just go easy. My Benchmark 28" 1-9 barrel runs the 170 Bergers @ 3225fps, less than 8 S-D this morning using my Magnetospeed. Runs the 140 SSTs @ 3567fps. Runs the 130 SSTs @3589fps.

No fireforming and no lack of brass. Thank Roy for this...

Just get a custom action where you can load the 270 Wby to 3.5 "...Benchmark built both of my barrels so they have the reamer :). Current build is on a Mausingfield action with a barrel nut...

Stop waiting, buy an action with exchangeable bolt heads and have fun. Get a barrel bolt barrel....

ETA the 170 Bergers @ 207yrds @3225 fps, this morning. Yes...I did biff one shot...one bag, bipod, shooting out of the back of my pickup. Slight left to right wind...

2 three shot mags...

200.jpg

Last edited:
I built a saami spec 27 nosler this year and used Norma 26 nosler brass. Used a win model 70 and a benchmark 27in 8 twist. Couldn't be happier. 150 nosler 3425, 156 hammer hunters 3370, 170 bergers 3270 shots all under moa without tweaking yet. Sportsman's and midway stock dies for this also.

With the bullets that Nosler has the 8.5 will do. Although I agree an 8 would be better and a 7.5-7.75 would be perfect I think there comparison is a little off I can push the 150 faster out of all the .277 than what is published and those are factory tubes excluding the 27 Nosler which is a benchmark 1-8

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts