.264 WMs First Blood

Great bull, congratulations!

Hope my 264 does as well, I'm taking my custom M70 264WM and my custom M70 270 Win to Wyoming on Saturday. I shoot 140gr Bergers through the 264 at 2950fps. They are very accurate and lethal on deer and antelope, haven't taken a bull with them yet. I was a little leary of using the Berger on something that big but an email to Berger assures me that they will be fine. The 270 win shoots 140 gr accubonds at the same speed and is 2lbs lighter, so I may just decide to use it.

Great bull, congratulations!

Hope my 264 does as well, I'm taking my custom M70 264WM and my custom M70 270 Win to Wyoming on Saturday. I shoot 140gr Bergers through the 264 at 2950fps. They are very accurate and lethal on deer and antelope, haven't taken a bull with them yet. I was a little leary of using the Berger on something that big but an email to Berger assures me that they will be fine. The 270 win shoots 140 gr accubonds at the same speed and is 2lbs lighter, so I may just decide to use it.

thanks and good luck on your hunt. I'm sure both rifles will perform well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.