.260I build

geronimo.tn

OK, I've been a reader for three years but is only second attempt to post pictures.

trying to post .260I, Savage short action converted to single shot, Shilen barrel and Stockade unfinished stock.

well , here goes

Attachments

• 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1441.jpg
    100_1441.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 14
I love it. Savage is the best rifle out there for the do it yourselfer! How do you like the stock? I am at a point where I am considering a new one for my savage. Stockade is one of the front runners. I also was thinking of the 260ai caliber. Great ballistics. It would be a caliber my son could shoot with dad as well (even if he quite often out shoots me, but then again he was a natural right from the start). Got to get the next generation, involved!!! Lets see some shot up targets. Nothing like putting holes in things way out there.

scope is a Burris 4.5X14 blastic plex

finished the build last fall and so far been shooting factory ammo for hunting just to fire form the brass and even with factory cases stays within one inch at 100 yds... whenever the temperature cools off some (not 100F plus) I'll go to range a fireform the rest of the brass and reload with Improved loadings then check groups at the range.

This is a Stockade thumbhole :Drollover cheekpiece that he talked me into and he was right.

I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs,, this is most comfortable and best fit for me stock I've ever owned.

I bought the stock unfinished, then sanded and lightly shaped the profile, glass bedded the action(skim bed as has metal pillars), textured the grip areas, sealed with AlumaHyde II, then used some textured paint to finish.

Will be going to the deer woods for serious across the field shooting this fall. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.