260 Yard Shoat

Zen Archery

Left Work 530.
Got to property at 630.
Dead hog on the ground by 730.

iMClYzXl.jpg

Thank you for answering me. The 50A is discontinued but you have put me on to pulsar. I would really like to try them before I buy. There are alot of hog hunters in Florida, I just need to find a group with the scopes. We have been using bait and lights. Makes shots a little close.

Good job. Pigs that size make for challenging shooting to say the least. They are however perfect for cooking "whole hog" or split in halves if you want to smoke them or cook them in the ground.

No sir. It is a Pulsar Apex 50a Thermal. Do a lot of research on line then call 3-4 different Thermal Sellers and ask their opinion on what to get to suit your needs.
Zen is that a day/night scope of night only?

At some point I'm going to have to break down and buy one and this may be the year to do it. I want quality but not at the price of a new truck HA!

Come on rose!!!! Live a little. Sell a few more dogs and all os good!!

I got a atn night vision. Haven't used it yet. Need a place to hunt hogs. Will likely bring to your place this year.

I got a atn night vision. Haven't used it yet. Need a place to hunt hogs. Will likely bring to your place this year.
You know the gate is always open for you and the kids and I really want to send you home with a pile of does too.

Zen is that a day/night scope of night only?

At some point I'm going to have to break down and buy one and this may be the year to do it. I want quality but not at the price of a new truck HA!
Thermal can be used day or night.
Digital Night Vision can also be used day or night.
I'm running a thermal weapons sight.
Gen 1, 2, 3 night vision and white phosphorus night vision can not be used during day time or have a light source pointed towards it.

Thermal can be used day or night.
Digital Night Vision can also be used day or night.
I'm running a thermal weapons sight.
Gen 1, 2, 3 night vision and white phosphorus night vision can not be used during day time or have a light source pointed towards it.
I spent years shooting gen 1,2,3 star light scopes. I don't miss them at all.... HA!

It was like mounting a telescope on your rifle, weighed a ton and if you go hit with a bright light of any kind would blind you for hours and with only a few seconds exposure burn out the scope.

Thermal scopes were in their infancy then and those we had would switch between thermal and star light and thus had the same limitation on the electronics.

Thanks.

Hey little Brother, send me the details on what you got. I'm starting to seriously consider it. There seems to be a huge jump in price in the ATN's from sub 500.00 to over 2,000. I'm hoping one of the sub 500.00 units will work for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.