260 Rem Load Recipeies?

gerryb,

also wanted to just mention to try a COL of 2.800 with those bullets you want to try. depending on your throat will make a huge difference in seating depth and much like the 308 the 260 performs equally or better WRT accuracy with stout pressure. i find a slight jam of .015 typically gives me the best results from the get go. mine is chambered with a rem action so there may be a difference but it just all depends, each lead slinger is different......talk to you later :)

I tried the Berger 130 VLDs the other day with 42.5 grains of H4350, these bullets shot great 1/4" groups. I plan on bumping up the charge a bit and see how they shoot. I plan on plying with these for a bit and plan on giving the 123 Lapuas a try as well. A friend shooting the 123 Lapua's really loves them for long distance.

cpt academy,

sounds like you got those 130s shooting awesome! that's cool, if you try those 123s from lapua both a buddy and I shoot 43.0 at 2.800 with cci 200s and they one hole at 100 and get about 3" at 500 (depending on operator :) but they come out of my gun at 2888 avg and are smoking. i also found that 43.2 seemed to shine as well but i went with the 43.0. would like to hear how they perform out of your gun with that load, good luck

jason

5RLR SHTR, I was working up a load with the 130's that blipelt had shooting well, his load ia a bit hotter though. I do plan on shooting/working with those 123's, my buddy was shooting next to another friend who was shooting the 140- Amax and the 123's had less drop to 1k on his rifle and load. He really likes shooting them for rifle competitions! These 260's shoot so well, it's hard to settle on one load!

Thanks for the info
Ron

cpt academy,

yes the load for the 123 and the 140s is for H-4350, for some reason my gun likes 43.0 for both and i am guessing that it will do the same with the 140 brgrs. I just got the new load book in from berger and 43.0 is just under max so it will work just fine for bergers as well. It only takes me about 9.0 MOA to get to 500 with the 123s and the drop with the 123s is pretty awesome when you get out even further. the BC on the 123s out long distance is fantastic as well, the only thing that beats them BC wise are the 139s, which is why i am going to try them as well and also the bergers. i haven't gotten my hands on any 139 scenars yet but i am hoping to get some gift cards for xmas and load some for perhaps a warmer day in kentucky.

i couldn't agree more that the 260 is such a sweet shooter it is hard to settle on one load. i move around alot as i am in the military so finding a load that is a pretty good all around load and isn't affected much by both altitude and temp is what i look for, which coincidentally is why i choose the H4350. I was stationed out in colorado for almost five years and then came to kentucky and with most of my hunting loads i had to readjust everything due to both factors. not sure where you are from but if you are shooting competitions and travel the H4350 is the way to go. talk to you later

5R LR SHTR, thanks for the info, I am from New Mexico So Basically, it's similiar to CO, but just not as high. I too will try some of these loads as it warms. I first need to oder some 123 Lapua's.

Thanks for your service to our country, "Freedom is not free"!

Request

Could someone who has the new berger load book give me the starting and max for the 130VLD using H4350??

Feel free to PM it as well. Planning on picking it up as soon as it hits the shelf in my area, just have not seen it yet.

Thanks

page 543 of the Berger Manual for 260 Remington using 130 grain VLD and H4350:

Starting load: 37.5 grains for 2446 FPS
Max Load: 41.8 grains for 2736 FPS

24 inch barrel
COAL = 2.800

Picked up my Berger manual from MidwayUSA

Thats interseting, seems kind of low for the max.

Hodgdon lists a max of 44.3gr for the 125gr and 42.0 for the 140gr. Then there are numerous "online" searches that find max up to 44 or so with the 130.

Not the kind of guy to hotrod something past published loads, just commenting that the berger load seems a bit light compared to other sources. Time to cross reference with my other manuals I guess

Just about have a 28bull barreled shilen savage ready to go, want to start getting some rounds loaded for it

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.