260. Rem 140gr accubond loads

Thanks gentleman. I have a bunch of H-4350 already so that's where I'll be starting. What about seating depth. So far the Amax and the Berger hybrids seem to like to be shot closer to the lands then say standard hunting bullets. The accubond being classed under a hunting bullet would it be better to start .050+ thou off lands of start as if we're a target bullet?

Shouldn't assume anything. Do full seating testing to find out what is best for you.

Agree.

However, every barrel( and caliber) I've tried Accubonds or Ballistic Tips in seating depth test results .025" jump being optimal.
My suggestion is start at .025".

Why 'start' anywhere but tested best?
If he pulls seating out of his butt, he certainly risks disappointing final results, and any revisit of seating will collapse his powder efforts to that point. Around here, they call it tail chasing..

He needs to take his brass to stable dimensions anyway. So he might as well perform Berger's seating testing while doing so. With this he can proceed with at least rough seating, which will be far better than worse possible seating(as pulled from his butt).

Bullet seating is the single largest adjustment in load development. With seating, in the wrong place, you can quadruple group size. Powder can no more than double group size(or cut bad seating choice in half).
And with any calibration, you adjust coarse before moving to fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.