Factory Accubond loads

KSB209

Looking for some opinions. Since I don't reload yet I need some input on manufactures that load Accubond. I have found Federal, Black Hills, Winchester, and Double Tap that loads the 190 grain Accubond bullets for my 300 win. Anyone have experience with these loads? I don't know if anyone can pick out the "best" but is there any manufacture that might be on the bottom of your list if you had to pick one.

I have always found black hills loads to be pretty good but that was in 223 and 308. My 300 win is brand new and I am trying to find a good round.

Before I was reloading for my 300 RUM I used the Nosler trophy grade ammo. They shot the best of anything I tried and I like the Nosler brass for reloading. I've also used the same ammo in my wifes 270 with the same results. If you look around it seems to go on sale occasionally.

I could not get the Double Tap 180 gr Accubonds to shoot out of my gun at all. I pulled the bullets to reuse along with the new brass. I found 71.5 grs of powder and after a brief search figured it was likely H4350 or something with a similar burn rate.

My gun liked the 180 Accubond with 75 gr RL22 so I'm not sure why it didn't like the Doubletap loads.

Id try the Federal loaded Accubonds.

I would steer well clear of anything made by Federal if you want to reload the brass.
I was given, luckily for me, 200 pieces of FC 10 300WM once fired cases, every one had loose primer pockets and were unreloadable.
I would buy the Winchester brand ammo, their brass is some of the best around, it lasts a long time and is generally accurate in most guns.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
gun)

I will echo the Nosler trophy grade...it shot the best out of several I tried in a 270 win.

If you don't plan on reloading, I would buy a box of several different brands with the bullet you like and see which one shoots the best. Your rifle will let you know which one it likes the best.

I have had tremendous luck with the 180gr AB's in my 308 from Black Hills. I'm a little bias since I live in Rapid City where Black Hills is made and have access to this stuff pretty readily, but I shoot ONLY Black Hills in my 223 ar and 308 bolt gun. Shoots under .5 5 shot groups with both guns and factory ammo. Hard to beat...

Sometimes I use 180gr AB loaded by Federal in my .300WM. Turns out to be very accurate and the brass is absolutely OK for the purpose of reloading. I would recommend almost any of Federal's products.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.