• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 260 or 7mm-08 rifle

SamuelBerryhill308

I am looking for a 260 rem or 7mm-08 rifle (ackley improved in either caliber is welcome as well).looking for barreled action as well.I've never owner either of these calibers but wanting to try something new and some with less recoil for my son to start using when he gos hunting with me just let me know what you may have thanks

Last edited:
You know I have a Remington 260 put together by garland Gilbreath from Stephenville Texas. It has a 22" bartlein barrel and HS precision stock and a Remington 700 action. Very very accurate. Maybe 100 rounds down the tube so the barrel has sped up already. Ready to start reloading if you wanted to. It's currently shooting Barnes tsx 120's into 3/8" groups at 100 yards. It hits deer like Thors Hammer. I don't shoot it anymore. Gone to bigger calibers. It would make a great rifle for your son. If interested hit me up.

I've got a Ruger 77 compact stainless laminate in 260 that I put together for my wife a few years back. Just kinda hangs out in the safe now as she hasn't hunted or shot for some time now. Nothing real fancy. Just a solid dependable rifle.
Pm Sent

I am looking for a 260 rem or 7mm-08 rifle (ackley improved in either caliber is welcome as well).looking for barreled action as well.I've never owner either of these calibers but wanting to try something new and some with less recoil for my son to start using when he gos hunting with me just let me know what you may have thanks
I have a 260 that was built by Defensive Edge (Shawn Carlock) on a trued Remington action. Shoots 130 grain bullets into 1/2 moa and sometimes less. $1,850 plus freight. You can PM me if you want more details and pictures.