260 improved

Well said J E Custom and elkaholic. I have a 7:08, and it is on schedule to follow the 260. Now you don't happen to have any load data for a 6.5 Gibbs do you? I've got my 240 Gibbs pretty well dialed in but there's always room for improvement.
I think I could get you close. The Gibbs is close to the Sherman capacity wise.

I was mainly thinking of the improved version to limit case lengthening and possibly throat erosion. It does have a 20 degree shoulder, doesn't it? Realize velocity gain is only 50fps or so. I would think you could get 2900 with 140's and a 30" target barrel with good life. Also, Lapua makes .260 brass and if you really wanted to push it, you could make brass from the .308 Palma brass with the small primer. Just something to think about.

I was mainly thinking of the improved version to limit case lengthening and possibly throat erosion. It does have a 20 degree shoulder, doesn't it? Realize velocity gain is only 50fps or so. I would think you could get 2900 with 140's and a 30" target barrel with good life. Also, Lapua makes .260 brass and if you really wanted to push it, you could make brass from the .308 Palma brass with the small primer. Just something to think about.
40° shoulder, and velocity gain is more than 50 fps. With a 30" barrel you will easily get 3000, with the right powder I can get about 3100 with no pressure signs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.