26 nosler help

338savage

Have a 26 nosler built on a tikka action I can get 1/2 moa with factory 142 lrab but can only get moa out of hand loads with 142 lrab tried us869 thats all i can get. I hade it shooting awsome with retumbo but pressures where to high had hard bolt lift also tried 143 eldx they wouldn't group worth a darn . any one got some good load data for these?

Factory loads are 87.8gr of us869, so you should be able to make a factory duplicate load pretty easy. Any issues with sizing brass and case concentricity?

Factory loads are 87.8gr of us869, so you should be able to make a factory duplicate load pretty easy. Any issues with sizing brass and case concentricity?
I actually pulled a bullet from factory load it was not a ball powder are u shooting ab or lrab? .No issues with cases or resizing yet so far 300 rnds down the pipe

140 nbt shoots a ragged hole with 75, and I have the 127 lrx with 79 @3500 and .80 moa. I got lucky and the old guy from my lgs had one pound he didn't even know where it came from. The rl33 works.

I tired US869 on my 26 Nosler. I got mixed results and didn't care much for the powder. I switched to RL33 with 136gr Lapua Scenars and now shoots consistent 1/2" groups at 100 yards and doing well to 900 yards. The speed with 26" barrel is 3415fps.

I tired US869 on my 26 Nosler. I got mixed results and didn't care much for the powder. I switched to RL33 with 136gr Lapua Scenars and now shoots consistent 1/2" groups at 100 yards and doing well to 900 yards. The speed with 26" barrel is 3415fps.
How far are u off the lands ?

I actually pulled a bullet from factory load it was not a ball powder are u shooting ab or lrab? .No issues with cases or resizing yet so far 300 rnds down the pipe
Maybe they changed the factory loads, I have pulled both the 140ab and the 142lrab, both had us869.
I have run prob 10 different bullets and a bunch of powders, us869 usually gave the highest velocities, but not the best accuracy.

I ended up with the 127lrx and rl33. Gives me the most consistent groups.

Maybe they changed the factory loads, I have pulled both the 140ab and the 142lrab, both had us869.
I have run prob 10 different bullets and a bunch of powders, us869 usually gave the highest velocities, but not the best accuracy.

I ended up with the 127lrx and rl33. Gives me the most consistent groups.
How many grns you running

I am running 79gr RL33, gives me 3490ish fps. I am running .070" off the lands but don't remember the oal offhand. I have a bit longer throat than sammi spec.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.