26 nosler

MHO

Having trouble with velocity on VHT 20n29 having over 100 feet per second difference in each load Using nosler brass. CCI 250 primers and nosler 140 BT. Any help would be appreciated. Any other powder recommendations?

I saw much lower ES's with Norma 217....... for what it worth. You didn't mention barrel length. The Norma 217 seemed to performed better accuracy wise in the 24" barrel (this just one gun though).

I know that the 26 seemed bit more finicky to load develop than most.

Have double checked charges. Barrel is a 26 inch Krieger. Will possibly look at Norma 217,,thanks for your reply

I think looking to the ball powder may help. In the overbore cartridges it seems to flow out the neck smoother than the stick powders. Also try to stay away from the compressed loads. I try to stay in the 90% plus load density without compressing.

Steve

MarkA. And everyone else who replied. Thank you very very much . Went out today and tried the 869 and Norma 217. My rifle loved the Norma at 71 grains. Ran at 3100 fps and was under a 1/4 inch. String of four had less than 3 feet per second difference. I don't think it's going to get any more consistent than that. Again thanks.

MarkA. And everyone else who replied. Thank you very very much . Went out today and tried the 869 and Norma 217. My rifle loved the Norma at 71 grains. Ran at 3100 fps and was under a 1/4 inch. String of four had less than 3 feet per second difference. I don't think it's going to get any more consistent than that. Again thanks.

That's great! Can't beat that.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts