257 Weatherby build

Again if it's what YOU want build it. I've done and shoot things that others don't agree with or like. At the end of the day it's your money your time and your the one shooting it. If it's what your heart wants then put the bee together and start slinging stingers!
What he said. 26-06.would work. But if a 257 bee. Is what you have. Do it, have fun.😎

The 25 creed is one I'm so glad I've never shot. I don't like the 6.5 but love the 6 and the 22 creed. The 25 just seems like it would be dangerous for me!

Thanks for the replies. I do not have components and have thought about other 25s but the 257 Weatherby has always stuck in my head and I have a feeling if I got a different 25, I'd still want the Weatherby eventually. I'm realizing what I want might work better as two different rifles. A short barreled mountain rifle in a different caliber and leave the 257 for a longer 26"+ barrel as a plains gun.
Good afternoon fellow Montanan. As with anything else, it depends on your personal preference and intended purpose. Please see my input on the link that @CA48 provided. Good luck!

Ed

The 25 creed is one I'm so glad I've never shot. I don't like the 6.5 but love the 6 and the 22 creed. The 25 just seems like it would be dangerous for me!
Well don't ever shoot it. It's only doing what the 257 Roberts done. Why would you want something like that.???😎

Yeah I guess I didn't quite do my research on old topics before posting.

It's one of those ideas I know isn't quite ideal but needed some more people to say, "That doesn't make sense" for it to sink in that it really doesn't
Do not let anybody, including myself talk you out of what you want. Where in MT are you from? You can shoot my .257 WBY with 22" barrel with or without muzzle brake or suppressor and decide on your own.

Listen to your heart. It knows what it wants haha.

My new to me 257 weatherby has a 24 inch pipe. Haven't taken it hunting yet. I will say I know a 26 makes more sense in some ways but that extra 2 inches seems to be extra annoying in the field. I have a 26 inch 300 win mag. But I don't find my 22 inch 270 notably better carrying than the 257. 24 inch is a great compromise.

Snyder is correct, if you want one ,then build one !!! Just because a few of us would not do it that does not mean you should not do it ! Hey I just has a. Heavy barreled rifle made in 270 Win with a super long chamber ti seat 170 Grn Berger bullets way out ! It's supposed to be a Target Rigle with a fast 8 Twist in a 29 inch barrel!! Talk about something no one needs !! But I thought it would be fun ,so I built it! Have fun with your project!!!!!! Not everything has to be sensible!!!!!!