25 Creedmoor and 135’s for NRL Hunter?

Bergerblaster

I'm building an NRL hunter rifle and wanting to run the 25 Creed with Berger 135's. I have a 24" Proof CF ordered in 25 Creed, but now wondering if it might struggle to meet power factor. From my research, seems like most guys are running a 26".

You should be close. Might have to use RL16 or N555 to get a little more velocity but 2820fps or whatever minimum should be attainable

Thank you sir. Ultimate Reloader used N555 and it was way slower than h4350 in his 25 Creedmoor build.
Yeah I don't think he went up to pressure signs. I have loaded n555 in a few different creedmoor cases including 25 creedmoor and it is slower burning, can fit more in the case before pressure and yields more velocity for me. RL16 also usually can squeeze some more out. And then there's always rl26

For the members unfamiliar with this concept of Power Factor:

Minimum Power Factor (PF) is 380,000. The Bullet Weight in (gr) multiplied by Muzzle Velocity in (fps). For example, 143 gr @ 2670 fps = 381,810 and makes the minimum. With a Muzzle Velocity maximum of 3275 fps 6mm with 115gr will not be able to make the minimum PF.

:)

Minimum Power Factor (PF) is 380,000. The Bullet Weight in (gr) multiplied by Muzzle Velocity in (fps). For example, 143 gr @ 2670 fps = 381,810 and makes the minimum. With a Muzzle Velocity maximum of 3275 fps 6mm with 115gr will not be able to make the minimum PF.

I'm well aware of what power factor is and how it is calculated. Not what I asked

im at 2910 with alpha brass and 4350 in a 26". I definitely chose the 26" to just not have to worry about PF but I do think with the right load/powder choice you'd get there without much trouble. 24" just didn't fit with my PERSONAL comfort level on an nrl hunter specific build in regard to PF.

Last edited:
im at 2910 with alpha brass and 4350 in a 26". I definitely chose the 26" to just not have to worry about PF but I do think with the right load/powder choice you'd get there. 24" just didn't fit with my PERSONAL comfort level on an nrl hunter specific build in regard to PF.
Thank you and happy new year. I've talked to a few guys with 24" and it sounds like I'll be fine.

6mm doesn't qualify for any class beyond the skills division. Correct me if I'm wrong but 3200 fps is also a limiting factor. Too bad, .243 has been a great deer cartridge, especially now with faster twists and heavier bullets. Whitetail have been the number 1 animal hunted in the USA for a long time. I wouldn't use a 6 creed on elk, but I wouldn't use a 6.5 creed either.

6mm doesn't qualify for any class beyond the skills division. Correct me if I'm wrong but 3200 fps is also a limiting factor. Too bad, .243 has been a great deer cartridge, especially now with faster twists and heavier bullets. Whitetail have been the number 1 animal hunted in the USA for a long time. I wouldn't use a 6 creed on elk, but I wouldn't use a 6.5 creed either.
What does 6mm have to do with the 25 creedmoor?

I was replying to an earlier post. Read it through again.
You'll be fine with a 25cm. I can't see any advantage over a 6.5cm. One or two clicks either way won't make any difference. Plus if your 25 fails to make PF you are screwed. With 6.5 you can always fall back on factory ammo. I shot IPSC for years and can tell you stuff happens.

I was replying to an earlier post. Read it through again.
You'll be fine with a 25cm. I can't see any advantage over a 6.5cm. One or two clicks either way won't make any difference. Plus if your 25 fails to make PF you are screwed. With 6.5 you can always fall back on factory ammo. I shot IPSC for years and can tell you stuff happens.
Do you own a 25 Creedmoor?

Do you own a 25 Creedmoor?
I don't have to, It's in the math. Power factor is an easy calculation. Nothing wrong with your choice, do what makes you happy. You were the one expressing doubt. I'm sure everything will work out fine for you.