Nrl hunter matches

I shoot a lot of Hunter matches. Here's what I suggest.

1) Tripod. I'd run a match without a bipod before no tripod. You will not be able to shoot all prone. There will be positions where you need to shoot standing in many matches. Figure out if you want to clip in (via ballhead or anvil) or bag on the top of the tripod. Both work, personal preference.

2) A good bag to shoot from rocks and other positions. You will be able to shoot many positions off tripod vs. a bag but some stages may be better with a bag.

3) Rangefinding binos. It's quicker and easier vs. a straight R/F. Many folks do use binos and a R/F so it does work. Bring what you got until you decide the matches are for you.

4) Pack for all your stuff. Practice with your tripod and gear in different places and see which is the most efficient for you to get your gear out quickly to start scanning for targets.

5) One MOA rifle or better. You don't need a tack driver. Target sizes are generous. If your rifle can shoot one MOA practice shooting off a tripod, rocks, tree branches, etc. before spending hours trying to shrink your group size.

6) Figure out how you want to run dope. Whether you're using a pre-made dope card for different density altitudes or using your R/F or binos that provide dope. Getting an accurate range and dope quickly is paramount.

I shot one last weekend and really enjoyed it just was looking to specific stuff I ran a vortex radian sig bdx3000 and just a football sleeve I could write down dope with. Was looking at getting a two vets tripod so I don't have 3 different leg extensions.
20230520_154437.jpg

Two-vets are nice.

Will you be at the ND match this weekend? My teammate won the teams in Montana last weekend so we're gonna try to make it two weekends in a row.

Unfortunately I'll be working this weekend. I plan on doing some traveling next year for events. That was my first real match and I shot a 93 so hopefully it only gets better from there. Going to change my barrel and shoot a 6.5 creed not the prc in the future I think.