.243 win reloading issues.

Northern- a 100 or 95 partition and 4350 . awesome deer round. are you trying th 87 berger or hornady? or ??

Working with the hornaday.

And on that note, I threw all common sense out the window... I took the 44gr load and and loaded only 3/4's of it (33grns) Low and behold, it seemed to work "ok" at 100yds. I'll push a few more together in the near future and try again at 150 and 200 yds.

I have never had any good luck with hornady bullets except with there factory rounds. Try a sierra or a nosler bullet in my book there better. Keep the 55 gr load if it shoots that well thats awsome. In NE PA guys would kill to have a 243 shoot light bullets that good. Agreed with above comments as well, fine tune seating depth. Not all rifles, calibers, will shoot all components we'll you have to find what your gun likes.

Good luck:D
The hornady tipped bullets are funky. The interlocks are a different story. Some of the best bullets out there.
We've shot thousands of 243 rounds with I4064 in the case. 40 or so with a 70 and 35-37 with a 100 grain will do very well. The books vary a bit on this powder so work up the load in your rifle. We've always been able to use 37 on a 100 grain, but some rifles may not like it.
I've never gone as slow as vit 560 with the 243; I'd been using 540 and 550 in the one I had 'till I shot it out. Both worked great.

I have a Remington vsps 26 " barrel loves 70 gr. bt 9.25 twist 47 grains h414 2.69 col. 3700 fps. also loves 87gr. v-max at 41.4 gr. h414 easy to remember haven't chronied yet but shoots dead on at 100yd when my zero for the 70gr. set at 190 yds.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.