243 loads

87 Vmax for that rifle and twist you have. Use H4350 or Reloader 16. Don't waste your time with anything else.

70gr sierra Blitzkings are amazing on coyotes! 95gr Berger classic hunters are easy to get to shoot.

87 Vmax for that rifle and twist you have. Use H4350 or Reloader 16. Don't waste your time with anything else.
Don't be so arrogant that you think your pet load is right for every rifle! "Don't waste your time on anything else". Give me a break....

My .243 is loving the 87gr vmax over 41.5gr IMR 4831. Not fast (2966 out of a 22" barrel) but stupid accurate. Like one little ragged hole that's tough to measure accurate.
Classic load for a lot of 243 shooters. 43.5gr H4831 with 85gr Sierra HPBT. Same as above, "not fast but stupid accurate"....and lethal.
I'm about to be doing a workup with the 85gr Barnes TSX and already have H4831 on the shelf. Hopefully I can get the same results you did with it!

Don't be so arrogant that you think your pet load is right for every rifle! "Don't waste your time on anything else". Give me a break....

Figure of speech douche bag. Maybe you shouldn't take everything so seriously on the internet these days. I guess being quarantined in your house for a long period makes people edgy. I know a 243 can use multiple powders for different loads as many people suggested. Have a nice day.

Figure of speech douche bag. Maybe you shouldn't take everything so seriously on the internet these days. I guess being quarantined in your house for a long period makes people edgy. I know a 243 can use multiple powders for different loads as many people suggested. Have a nice day.
I appreciate you clearing that up. What a well thought out reply you made. You may have just proved my point that you are a know it all *** hole.

I appreciate you clearing that up. What a well thought out reply you made. You may have just proved my point that you are a know it all *** hole.

No problem. Only took you literally a minute to respond which means you're an impulsive idiot. Get a better hobby instead of looking to argue over the dumbest things possible on the internet.

I don't think there is much room on this forum for name calling its quite childish and this is an adult forum.

Your the one that said don't waste time with any other loads.

I've been loading this for 20+ years. If you want a fast flat bullet it may work for you. It won't be very good past 300ish so you may look at a heavier bullet. I worked up to the 53.0 gr. of H380 and chrony 4200+ fps. It's more powder than the case will hold so you'll need to tap the case before removing the funnel. Be careful, the new book shows 47.5 as the max load.
IMG_3919.JPG

My Winchester 70 coyote special did best (1/2 MOA) with 39.5 grains of Varget behind 75 gr Vmax... Ran in the 3400 fps neighborhood.
It was good with 80 gr BT and Varget (3/4 MOA).
It was OK (MOA) with 87 gr Vmax and Reloader 16.

I like the 85 grain Sierra Gameking (HPBT) myself. One bullet for chucks and deer on 42.0 grains of IMR 4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.