.243 Win Coyote Loads

I have worked up a load using 41.5 gr. of H380 and Winchester standard primers and Winchester brass. 2.640" in my Remington SPS 1:9 1/8 twist and getting 3/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards so far. I have bought fed magnum primers and going to ladder step it up and down to get the best possible accurate load. Haven't shot a coyote with it yet to see how they do but hopefully today or tomorrow I will get a chance to do that.
First post.gun)

I have a tikka t3 lite that my 13 year old son shoots for coyotes and I load 80gr nosler bt with 40.0grs of varget and ccibr2 primers. And this creates basically one ragged hole at 100yards I absouletly love this combo for big coyotes, for the price you cannot beat a tikka.

i FEEL IT WOULD HELP ALL IF YOU LISTED THE BULLET YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

ALSO WELCOME ABORD.

apologies on the caps
odavid

I have worked up a load using 41.5 gr. of H380 and Winchester standard primers and Winchester brass. 2.640" in my Remington SPS 1:9 1/8 twist and getting 3/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards so far. I have bought fed magnum primers and going to ladder step it up and down to get the best possible accurate load. Haven't shot a coyote with it yet to see how they do but hopefully today or tomorrow I will get a chance to do that.
First post.gun)

That would help I am using a 75 gr. V-Max bullet and 41.5 gr. of H380 powder and 2.640"oal. Thanks for the help new to this stuff.

I have a 243 Win, with 22" PacNor barrel, 1 in 12 twist, short throat, and with 80 gr. Nosler Varmint Boat Tail, and 42.4 gr of IMR 4350 pushing all into one raged hole at 100 yds. with COL of 2342, just 7 thous off of lands.

I have a 243 Win, with 22" PacNor barrel, 1 in 12 twist, short throat, and with 80 gr. Nosler Varmint Boat Tail, and 42.4 gr of IMR 4350 pushing all into one raged hole at 100 yds. with COL of 2342, just 7 thous off of lands.

Your load sounds like a great fur fiendly load how destrive on pelts is that. Should be around 2900 to 3000 fps, my estimation.

so with the 1/12 twist you should also be able to shoot 55-80 gr bullets very well correct???

Can you give me an estimate on what the barrel cost. Probably used a gunsmith to fit to you action??? Who did you use??? Did they ream the barrel for you???

THANKS IN ADVANCE
ODAVID

I just recently obtained the rifle from another person who pawned it for needed money and did not come back to pick it up. I have not shot a coyote with it yet, I have been out 3 tiimes trying, however I don't think it would be very pelt friendly, it is the 80 gr Nos Ballistic Tip p/n 24080. From reviews that I have read the 80 Burger match target bullet seems to be a good bullet for pelts. As for the PacNor Barrel I have seen the prices and they are not that bad. It was reported to me that a gunsmith performed all the work. but I think the 1 in 12 twist would be great for coyotes, with the option to shoot the smaller bullets, I have read good reviews about the 69 gr bullet also.
Good luck, Bob

No. One hole group.
08080019151.jpg

I have 2 loads I like for coyotes with my .243 the first is 55 gr nos bt's with 45gr of H4895 flying at 4080 fps but since the 243 is not known for it's extended barrel life I also shoot 80 gr nos bt's over 39.5 gr of h4895 and get .5" groups and 3300 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts